The news came via notification from Ron Brewington, Motown Alumni Association (MAA). He was informed of George’s passing from former Supremes member Scherrie Payne in the note below
I just received the devastating and sad news that the great musician, George Duke, passed away this evening at St. John’s hospital in L.A. It was just one year earlier, July 18th, that his beloved wife and my friend, Corine, went to be with the Lord. Please keep his sons, Rasheed and John, in your prayers.
Funeral services will be private.
Unfortunately no details of George Duke’s death are available as of this posting.
It’s worth noting that George had just released (on July 16) a new album called “Dreamweaver” which was a tribute to his dearly departed wife Corine, who passed away a year ago from cancer.
EUR’s Lee Bailey had the pleasure and privilege of interviewing his old friend for that album as well. You can read those interviews via the links below:
More on the death of George Duke as details become available. In the meantime, watch this amazing, informative and highly entertaining documentary on the making of “Dreamweaver”:
We couldn’t help but throw in this blast from the past (1978). It’s George and his band – including Sheila E, Ndugu Chancler and Byron Miller – recording the super funky “Dukey Stick”:
Check out MORE of George Duke’s videos HERE at YouTube
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Yolanda Adams Added to Fox’s Live Musical ‘The Passion’
- Lance Stephenson Drags Ex K. Michelle Over ‘Down in the DM’ Remix
- Cleveland Rescinds $500 ER Bill Sent to Tamir Rice’s Family
- Not a Good Cop Look: Ex-Sheriff, Lee Baca, Admits Guilt in False Statements
- Woman Accusing Chris Brown of Battery Files Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here