*A woman who attended a charity event for Dwyane Wade’s foundation last year now claims she was beat in the head with a bass drum mallet.
Andrea Alexander filed a lawsuit against Wade’s World foundation stating that she was in an aisle seat during their event “Chicago Has Talent” event when a high school marching band crashed its way past her.
According to Alexander, one of the band’s bass drummers struck her in the head with his bass drum mallet and caused “severe and permanent injuries.”
She says it the foundation’s fault for having the band play in a space with such narrow aisles. Alexander is asking for $50,000 for her pain and suffering.
She is also suing the venue and the band’s high school. Calls to Wade’s foundation were not returned.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here