*Aisha Tyler opened up on CBS’ “The Talk” on Tuesday about her and her husband Jeff Tietjens’ inability to have a child.
When asked to reveal a never-before-told secret, Aisha shared the painful truth about her infertility problems.
“We [she and her husband] stopped using birth control and nothing really happened. So we went to a doctor to get examined and I was told that I have some problems with a torturous fallopian tube, which makes it very hard for the sp*erm to get to the egg, so the doctors recommended that we maybe think about IVF… but after 40 your chances of getting pregnant are between 2% and 8%. My chance was about 5%.”
She continued, “We went through the process. There are all these shots, they make your body crazy, they make you emotional, they hurt, and after going through a lot of procedures and spending a lot of money… the doctor said, ‘Look, based on what we’re seeing here, I just don’t think this is going to happen to you and I think you really need to think about whether you want to spend all this money and go through all this emotional effort and probably still not get pregnant.”
“So after thinking about it and talking about it a lot, we decided that we weren’t going to try. The hardest part, I think, is I really love my husband, he’s such a good person and he would be such a great father and it would be so great to see a little him running around. But we just decided it wasn’t worth it to go through that, so we decided to stop…”
“It’s OK because I married my husband because I love him and I don’t feel like there’s anything missing from our marriage, but when you think about this person that you love what a wonderful thing it would be to bring another person like that into the world. That’s the hardest part about it.”
She also said her husband has probably cried more than she has over their fertility struggles.
When asked whether she and Jeff might consider adopting one day, Aisha replied: “I love kids. I love the idea of adoption, but I feel like this is such a fresh wound that I want to let it heal for a while before I think about what we would do next.”
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Pitbull Announces Date of His ‘Empire’ Episode and Jussie Smollett Duet (Listen)
- Watch Chilling New Trailer for Idris Elba’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here