Former NBA star Allen Iverson has joined the list of used-ta-be rich athletes who are now broke. And broke to the point where he can’t pay child support. At least at the level his ex-wife is demanding.
Iverson, who made a whopping $140 million during his career, is basically saying those days are GONE and he wants his ex to drop her child support demands
TMZ broke the story — Allen’s ex-wife Tawanna Iverson went to court last month, asking a judge to force Allen to pay $1,272,000 into a trust fund for child support. She wanted the money in a lump sum because she was sick of chasing him every month.
Allen has now filed court docs scoffing at her demand, because he doesn’t have the dough.
Allen says the only steady source of income he has is a Reebok deal. We don’t know exactly how much he pulls in, but he claims it’s nowhere near enough to meet his ex-wife’s demands.
On top of everything else, Iverson says he resents his Tawanna’s claim that he’s a deadbeat dad. He claims he paid over half-a-million in support in 2013 alone.
The judge has yet to rule.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here