Former NBA star Allen Iverson has joined the list of used-ta-be rich athletes who are now broke. And broke to the point where he can’t pay child support. At least at the level his ex-wife is demanding.
Iverson, who made a whopping $140 million during his career, is basically saying those days are GONE and he wants his ex to drop her child support demands
TMZ broke the story — Allen’s ex-wife Tawanna Iverson went to court last month, asking a judge to force Allen to pay $1,272,000 into a trust fund for child support. She wanted the money in a lump sum because she was sick of chasing him every month.
Allen has now filed court docs scoffing at her demand, because he doesn’t have the dough.
Allen says the only steady source of income he has is a Reebok deal. We don’t know exactly how much he pulls in, but he claims it’s nowhere near enough to meet his ex-wife’s demands.
On top of everything else, Iverson says he resents his Tawanna’s claim that he’s a deadbeat dad. He claims he paid over half-a-million in support in 2013 alone.
The judge has yet to rule.
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Hulk Hogan Says He Was Suicidal Over N-Word Scandal: ‘I'm Not A Racist’ (Watch)
- Producers of Katrina Relief Telethon Reflect on 'Kanye Moment' for 10th Anniversary
- Allergic to Clothes: Indian Farmer Has Been Naked for 40 Years!
- Pres. Obama to Appear on NBC’s ‘Running Wild With Bear Grylls’…For Real
- John Legend Taking His Talents to ‘The SpongeBob Musical’
- ‘Back to This B**ch’: Why Nicki Minaj Checked Miley Cyrus on Live TV
- Black Twitter Drags Rebel Wilson Over VMA ‘Stripper Police’ Bit
- Nile Rodgers Gets BMI Icon Award - EUR was on the Scene (WATCH)
- New Comic 'Raising Dion': Single, Black Mother with Superhuman Son
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here