Former NBA star Allen Iverson has joined the list of used-ta-be rich athletes who are now broke. And broke to the point where he can’t pay child support. At least at the level his ex-wife is demanding.
Iverson, who made a whopping $140 million during his career, is basically saying those days are GONE and he wants his ex to drop her child support demands
TMZ broke the story — Allen’s ex-wife Tawanna Iverson went to court last month, asking a judge to force Allen to pay $1,272,000 into a trust fund for child support. She wanted the money in a lump sum because she was sick of chasing him every month.
Allen has now filed court docs scoffing at her demand, because he doesn’t have the dough.
Allen says the only steady source of income he has is a Reebok deal. We don’t know exactly how much he pulls in, but he claims it’s nowhere near enough to meet his ex-wife’s demands.
On top of everything else, Iverson says he resents his Tawanna’s claim that he’s a deadbeat dad. He claims he paid over half-a-million in support in 2013 alone.
The judge has yet to rule.
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here