*How does one describe the tone of Fox’s new cop series “Brooklyn Nine Nine?”
The comedy stars “Saturday Night Live” alum Andy Samberg as a slacker cop who must suddenly grow up and act professional when his strict new boss arrives and insists on operating by-the-book.
That new boss, Capt. Holt, is played by Andre Braugher.
“We’re not ‘Naked Gun,’ we’re not ‘Police Academy,’ we’re not ‘Reno 911,’ assures Braugher. “We’re a workplace comedy that happens to be set in a precinct, but we’re all very good at what we do.”
Braugher, who played a Baltimore police detective in his breakout role on NBC’s “Homicide,” has gone on to star in such primetime dramas as “Gideon’s Crossing,” “Men of a Certain Age” and last season’s “Last Resort.”
“Brooklyn Nine Nine” may be a rare sitcom turn in his career, but Braugher is certainly taking this paycheck as seriously as any other.
“Brooklyn Nine Nine,” also starring Terry Crews, premieres on Tuesday, Sept. 17, at 8:30 p.m. on Fox. Watch a promo below.
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here