*How does one describe the tone of Fox’s new cop series “Brooklyn Nine Nine?”
The comedy stars “Saturday Night Live” alum Andy Samberg as a slacker cop who must suddenly grow up and act professional when his strict new boss arrives and insists on operating by-the-book.
That new boss, Capt. Holt, is played by Andre Braugher.
“We’re not ‘Naked Gun,’ we’re not ‘Police Academy,’ we’re not ‘Reno 911,’ assures Braugher. “We’re a workplace comedy that happens to be set in a precinct, but we’re all very good at what we do.”
Braugher, who played a Baltimore police detective in his breakout role on NBC’s “Homicide,” has gone on to star in such primetime dramas as “Gideon’s Crossing,” “Men of a Certain Age” and last season’s “Last Resort.”
“Brooklyn Nine Nine” may be a rare sitcom turn in his career, but Braugher is certainly taking this paycheck as seriously as any other.
“Brooklyn Nine Nine,” also starring Terry Crews, premieres on Tuesday, Sept. 17, at 8:30 p.m. on Fox. Watch a promo below.
- S.C. Legislature Has Votes to Remove Confederate Flag; KKK to Rally at Statehouse
- NBC Wants Minority Host to Replace Trump on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’?
- Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin Goes Viral with Anti-Confederate Flag Post
- Report: Tyga Fails to Pay 50K Offered to Squash Underage Sexual Battery Lawsuit
- Lee Daniels Signs Overall Deal with 20th Century Fox TV
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Reveals She’s Having Twins
- NBC Fires Donald Trump Over Racist Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Bails from BET Awards Over Stage Demotion
- Cameron Turner: More White Folks Need to Listen To Us
- Female EMT 'Fired' for Refusal to Support Baby in Distress (Child Dies)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here