*How does one describe the tone of Fox’s new cop series “Brooklyn Nine Nine?”
The comedy stars “Saturday Night Live” alum Andy Samberg as a slacker cop who must suddenly grow up and act professional when his strict new boss arrives and insists on operating by-the-book.
That new boss, Capt. Holt, is played by Andre Braugher.
“We’re not ‘Naked Gun,’ we’re not ‘Police Academy,’ we’re not ‘Reno 911,’ assures Braugher. “We’re a workplace comedy that happens to be set in a precinct, but we’re all very good at what we do.”
Braugher, who played a Baltimore police detective in his breakout role on NBC’s “Homicide,” has gone on to star in such primetime dramas as “Gideon’s Crossing,” “Men of a Certain Age” and last season’s “Last Resort.”
“Brooklyn Nine Nine” may be a rare sitcom turn in his career, but Braugher is certainly taking this paycheck as seriously as any other.
“Brooklyn Nine Nine,” also starring Terry Crews, premieres on Tuesday, Sept. 17, at 8:30 p.m. on Fox. Watch a promo below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here