*How does one describe the tone of Fox’s new cop series “Brooklyn Nine Nine?”
The comedy stars “Saturday Night Live” alum Andy Samberg as a slacker cop who must suddenly grow up and act professional when his strict new boss arrives and insists on operating by-the-book.
That new boss, Capt. Holt, is played by Andre Braugher.
“We’re not ‘Naked Gun,’ we’re not ‘Police Academy,’ we’re not ‘Reno 911,’ assures Braugher. “We’re a workplace comedy that happens to be set in a precinct, but we’re all very good at what we do.”
Braugher, who played a Baltimore police detective in his breakout role on NBC’s “Homicide,” has gone on to star in such primetime dramas as “Gideon’s Crossing,” “Men of a Certain Age” and last season’s “Last Resort.”
“Brooklyn Nine Nine” may be a rare sitcom turn in his career, but Braugher is certainly taking this paycheck as seriously as any other.
“Brooklyn Nine Nine,” also starring Terry Crews, premieres on Tuesday, Sept. 17, at 8:30 p.m. on Fox. Watch a promo below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Yolanda Adams Added to Fox’s Live Musical ‘The Passion’
- Lance Stephenson Drags Ex K. Michelle Over ‘Down in the DM’ Remix
- Cleveland Rescinds $500 ER Bill Sent to Tamir Rice’s Family
- Not a Good Cop Look: Ex-Sheriff, Lee Baca, Admits Guilt in False Statements
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here