*How does one describe the tone of Fox’s new cop series “Brooklyn Nine Nine?”
The comedy stars “Saturday Night Live” alum Andy Samberg as a slacker cop who must suddenly grow up and act professional when his strict new boss arrives and insists on operating by-the-book.
That new boss, Capt. Holt, is played by Andre Braugher.
“We’re not ‘Naked Gun,’ we’re not ‘Police Academy,’ we’re not ‘Reno 911,’ assures Braugher. “We’re a workplace comedy that happens to be set in a precinct, but we’re all very good at what we do.”
Braugher, who played a Baltimore police detective in his breakout role on NBC’s “Homicide,” has gone on to star in such primetime dramas as “Gideon’s Crossing,” “Men of a Certain Age” and last season’s “Last Resort.”
“Brooklyn Nine Nine” may be a rare sitcom turn in his career, but Braugher is certainly taking this paycheck as seriously as any other.
“Brooklyn Nine Nine,” also starring Terry Crews, premieres on Tuesday, Sept. 17, at 8:30 p.m. on Fox. Watch a promo below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown over Miami Club Shooting
- Maya Angelou Doc ‘And Still I Rise’ Wins AFI Docs Audience Award (Watch a Clip)
- Toni Braxton and Birdman Cozy at the 2016 BET Awards
- Lil Wayne Wanted for Questioning in Scuffle at BET Awards After-Party
- Usher No Likey The Donald: Wears ‘Don’t Trump America’ Jacket
- Venus Williams Wins First Round Match at Wimbledon (Pics, Video)
- Keyshia Cole Sued for Trashing Apt.; Landlord wants $150k Plus (Pics)
- Naturi Naughton Feels Tasha St. Patrick is Relatable, Not Unrealistic
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here