*British screenwriter Peter Morgan is working on a film with director Ang Lee about Muhammad Ali’s infamous fights with Joe Frazier.
The two boxers fought several historic bouts in the 1970s, and the film will be based around the confrontations between the two heavyweight fighters.
Lee hopes to shoot the movie in 3D and incorporate actual footage of the fights.
Morgan tells British newspaper the Daily Mail, “It’s a look at how brutal the confrontations were between Ali and Frazier. They were marked by how aggressive Ali was towards Frazier out of the ring. He taunted and belittled him. Ang wants to work with 3D technology that will make an audience feel as if they’re inside the ring.”
Morgan hopes to finish the script next year.
Muhammad Ali’s story was previously brought to the big screen by Will Smith in 2001 biopic Ali.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Police Erased Video of CLaquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here