*British screenwriter Peter Morgan is working on a film with director Ang Lee about Muhammad Ali’s infamous fights with Joe Frazier.
The two boxers fought several historic bouts in the 1970s, and the film will be based around the confrontations between the two heavyweight fighters.
Lee hopes to shoot the movie in 3D and incorporate actual footage of the fights.
Morgan tells British newspaper the Daily Mail, “It’s a look at how brutal the confrontations were between Ali and Frazier. They were marked by how aggressive Ali was towards Frazier out of the ring. He taunted and belittled him. Ang wants to work with 3D technology that will make an audience feel as if they’re inside the ring.”
Morgan hopes to finish the script next year.
Muhammad Ali’s story was previously brought to the big screen by Will Smith in 2001 biopic Ali.
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Nia Guzman Responds to Criminal Allegations
- The Socialist's Journal: Kim Davis
- (Min. Paul Scott) Why Black Minds Matter: Readin’, Writin’ and Revolution
- CurlKit Launches 'Curlstar Favorits Box' - Offering Consumers Instant Access to Brands Coveted by Superstars
- Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable Awards Mumia Abu Jamal Health Fund
- THE (09-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- (The Black Hat) Nicki Minaj: The White Girl Hunter
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Neighbors Complain Kardashians Wasting Water During Drought
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here