*British screenwriter Peter Morgan is working on a film with director Ang Lee about Muhammad Ali’s infamous fights with Joe Frazier.
The two boxers fought several historic bouts in the 1970s, and the film will be based around the confrontations between the two heavyweight fighters.
Lee hopes to shoot the movie in 3D and incorporate actual footage of the fights.
Morgan tells British newspaper the Daily Mail, “It’s a look at how brutal the confrontations were between Ali and Frazier. They were marked by how aggressive Ali was towards Frazier out of the ring. He taunted and belittled him. Ang wants to work with 3D technology that will make an audience feel as if they’re inside the ring.”
Morgan hopes to finish the script next year.
Muhammad Ali’s story was previously brought to the big screen by Will Smith in 2001 biopic Ali.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nuisance Abatement Law Seemingly Gives NYPD License to Evict Criminal and Non-Criminal Residents
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here