*British screenwriter Peter Morgan is working on a film with director Ang Lee about Muhammad Ali’s infamous fights with Joe Frazier.
The two boxers fought several historic bouts in the 1970s, and the film will be based around the confrontations between the two heavyweight fighters.
Lee hopes to shoot the movie in 3D and incorporate actual footage of the fights.
Morgan tells British newspaper the Daily Mail, “It’s a look at how brutal the confrontations were between Ali and Frazier. They were marked by how aggressive Ali was towards Frazier out of the ring. He taunted and belittled him. Ang wants to work with 3D technology that will make an audience feel as if they’re inside the ring.”
Morgan hopes to finish the script next year.
Muhammad Ali’s story was previously brought to the big screen by Will Smith in 2001 biopic Ali.
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Stan Sheppard: 'Why Do A&R Directors Positions Still Exist?'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Nappywood’s 3rd L.A. Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo Attracts Stars
- THE (07-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Gilbert Arenas' Deadly Accuracy Gets Him Banned From County Fair
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here