*British screenwriter Peter Morgan is working on a film with director Ang Lee about Muhammad Ali’s infamous fights with Joe Frazier.
The two boxers fought several historic bouts in the 1970s, and the film will be based around the confrontations between the two heavyweight fighters.
Lee hopes to shoot the movie in 3D and incorporate actual footage of the fights.
Morgan tells British newspaper the Daily Mail, “It’s a look at how brutal the confrontations were between Ali and Frazier. They were marked by how aggressive Ali was towards Frazier out of the ring. He taunted and belittled him. Ang wants to work with 3D technology that will make an audience feel as if they’re inside the ring.”
Morgan hopes to finish the script next year.
Muhammad Ali’s story was previously brought to the big screen by Will Smith in 2001 biopic Ali.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Karrine Steffans: ‘I Was One of Jay Z’s Beckys Back in 2000’
- Drake and Nicki Minaj No Longer Talk, but He Has ‘Genuine Energy’ With Rihanna
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here