*Arsenio Hall brought out some old friends to accompany his late night return Monday, nearly 20 years after his eponymous talk show aired its last episode.
“Leave it to the first black late-night host to take 19 years off work and come back here and expect my job to still be here waiting for me,” Hall joked in the monologue of the first episode of his syndicated series, “Arsenio.”
Chris Tucker and Snoop Dogg were his first official guests, while fellow early-90s icon Paula Abdul was a surprise guest on what Hall said was the “biggest night of [his] life.” The former pop star walked out as Hall was going through a time capsule he said he buried after his last show and offered her support as he began his new late-night gig.
“There are so many things to be grateful for and I’m grateful for you, for your loyal friendship, your amazing unique talent and your dedication to everything that truly matters,” she said. “Really, I’m so proud of you. You’ve done something that no one’s ever done before or let alone even tried to come back 20 years and step back into this spotlight. It’s really inspiring.”
Watch clips from the first broadcast below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Baby Fat Shamed As 'Stuff Curry' Becomes Internet Favorite
- PA Judge Rules Bill Cosby Trial Can Proceed on All Charges
- Prince Fans Confused After Minnesota Declares ‘Beyonce Day’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here