*(Via USA Today) – Somali militant group al-Shabaab has claimed responsibility for the deadly shooting at a mall in Kenya, according to several media reports.
“On its Twitter feed, the al-Qaeda-linked group said it confirmed it was behind what it called the ‘Westgate spectacle,'” according to the BBC.
The group took responsibility after gunmen attacked a shopping mall in an upscale district of Nairobi on Saturday, killing more than two dozen people in what is believed to be a targeted attack by extremists against non-Muslim Kenyans and Westerners in the area.
The Red Cross reports 30 dead, according to Agence France-Presse and Easy FM radio. Kenyan police told the Daily Nation that at least more than 50 were also injured in the attack, which was allegedly carried out by five to 10 gunmen with AK-47s and other sophisticated weapons.
Americans were among those injured, Marie Harf, deputy spokesman for the State Department, tells CNN and the BBC.
Get MORE of this story at USA Today.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Draya Michele's Post-Baby Body - Richard Sherman Pranks Himself
- You Can Purchase 'Boycott Beyoncé' Shirts at 'Formation' Tour
- R.Kelly Accused of Screwing Promoter Out of $500k
- W. Kamau Bell Screens 'United Shades of America' in Atlanta
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here