*(Via USA Today) – Somali militant group al-Shabaab has claimed responsibility for the deadly shooting at a mall in Kenya, according to several media reports.
“On its Twitter feed, the al-Qaeda-linked group said it confirmed it was behind what it called the ‘Westgate spectacle,'” according to the BBC.
The group took responsibility after gunmen attacked a shopping mall in an upscale district of Nairobi on Saturday, killing more than two dozen people in what is believed to be a targeted attack by extremists against non-Muslim Kenyans and Westerners in the area.
The Red Cross reports 30 dead, according to Agence France-Presse and Easy FM radio. Kenyan police told the Daily Nation that at least more than 50 were also injured in the attack, which was allegedly carried out by five to 10 gunmen with AK-47s and other sophisticated weapons.
Americans were among those injured, Marie Harf, deputy spokesman for the State Department, tells CNN and the BBC.
Get MORE of this story at USA Today.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here