*Touted as one of the most notable griots of all time, August Wilson continues to move audiences time and time again.
The August Wilson Century Cycle Celebration, which launched earlier this summer officially kicked off with it’s first recorded play recently.
I had the opportunity to sit down with Constanza Romero, the widow of the iconic playwright and unofficial history keeper. She shared about his impact, the meaning his legacy has for the world and her personal relationship with such an artist. Check out the interview below.
Sponsored by Lincoln Motor Company, the kick off event launched a series of recorded shows in which a collection of renown actors and actresses share in a reading of all 10 of August Wilson’s plays. Check out more information here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Steven Ivory: Maurice White’s Forever Hip Place
- Sheryl Lee Ralph: 'Where's My NAACP Image Award?' (WATCH)
- Stevie J Brags to Nick Cannon He Sexed Mariah Carey ... Twice!
- One-Year-Old Dies, After Being Shot in the Face in Compton
- Jay Z's Drug Dealer Past Thrown at Beyonce by TV Host Tomi Lahren
- Former Atlanta Vice Mayor Lisa Borders Named New WNBA President
- Does Bernie Sanders Meeting Al Sharpton Equal More Black Voter Support?
- Author Guarantees 'Boy, Get a Job...' Helps Teens Find Work
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here