*Touted as one of the most notable griots of all time, August Wilson continues to move audiences time and time again.
The August Wilson Century Cycle Celebration, which launched earlier this summer officially kicked off with it’s first recorded play recently.
I had the opportunity to sit down with Constanza Romero, the widow of the iconic playwright and unofficial history keeper. She shared about his impact, the meaning his legacy has for the world and her personal relationship with such an artist. Check out the interview below.
Sponsored by Lincoln Motor Company, the kick off event launched a series of recorded shows in which a collection of renown actors and actresses share in a reading of all 10 of August Wilson’s plays. Check out more information here.
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Mariah Carey to Direct Hallmark Film, Sets NYC Xmas Shows, European Tour
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here