*During a traffic stop, police cited Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones with disorderly conduct for making offensive comments while he was drunk.
According to Ohio State Patrol Lt. Anne Ralston, Jones was reportedly in a vehicle that was pulled over for doing 60 mph in a 45 mph zone on a highway in Cincinnatti.
There were other reports that Jones was arrested, but the official police report obtained by ESPN stated that Jones was only issued the citation.
The driver of the vehicle received a citation for driving under the influence and both Jones and the driver were charged with misdemeanors and released.Howdy, Brainuser1
Jones and the driver are scheduled to appear in court on Friday.
Phone calls went out on Monday to both Jones’ agent and attorney, neither of which responded right away and his team doesn’t plan on addressing the incident publicly right now either.
“As with most situations of this nature, it would be inappropriate for the team to comment until the matter is resolved through normal legal channels,” a team spokesman said.
This is not the first time Jones has had trouble with law. He was previously arrested this June on an assault charge after allegedly striking a woman in a nightclub. He gave a plea of not guilty and is currently awaiting trial.
Prior to that he was arrested in July 2011 for being disorderly and resisting arrest at a downtown bar. On that charge Jones made a deal to plead guilty to a misdemeanor count of disorderly conduct. His sentence was one year of probation and 50 hours of community service.
Just last year, Jones was ordered to fork over $11 million to two Las Vegas strip club employees. The two employees were shot and injured by a man who claimed he was doing Jones’ dirty work after Jones and his group got kicked out of the club. A club manager was paralyzed from the waist down, and a bouncer was wounded. After the incident he was hit with a charge of misdemeanor conspiracy to commit disorderly conduct; but claimed he had no part in the shootings and pleaded no contest. The gunman is currently serving four to 10 years in prison.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Madonna Claps Back at BET - Tamar Dropped From Record Label?
- Parents of Alabama Teen Electrocuted in Lake Warns Others to 'Be Careful' (Video)
- Snoop Dogg Right on 'Roots' Remake for the Wrong Reasons (Video)
- ‘Roots’ Remake Draws 5.3M Viewers Against Record-Setting NBA Playoff Game
- What Mariah Carey Wore to ‘Live with Kelly’s’ Daytime Pajama Party (Watch)
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Why Alicia Keys is Not Wearing Makeup These Days
- Chuck D, B-Real, Tom Morello Form New Band 'Prophets of Rage'
- Dez Bryant Salutes Spelling Bee Co-Champ Who Threw His ‘X’ Sign
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here