*The Creative Arts Emmy Awards (all of the technical categories) were handed out last weekend, and Beyonce’s high-wattage Super Bowl XLVII halftime performance was up for three.
Bey and her crew ended up taking one of those home – the statue for “Outstanding Lighting Design/Lighting Direction for a Variety Special.” (The irony of a lighting award for a performance many blamed for the infamous blackout that followed.)
Beyonce’s halftime show was also nominated for “Outstanding Special Class — Short-Format Live-Action Entertainment Program” and “Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video Control For A Miniseries, Movie or a Special.”
Meanwhile, Beyonce’s HBO special, “Life Is But a Dream” was snubbed outright. The premium cable network was a big winner at the Creative Arts Emmys however, as NME notes, taking home a total of 20 trophies, including eight for Liberace biopic “Behind the Candelabra.”
In honor of that film, Elton John will be paying musical tribute to the late pianist at the Primetime Emmy Awards on Sunday, Sept. 22.
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Two Dead, Several Hurt at After Party for Drake’s OVO Fest
- Former Detroit Lions RB Mel Farr Dies at 70
- Craig Robinson, Amandla Stenberg & Megan Good in NBC's 'Mr. Robinson' (Watch!)
- Lenny Kravitz Plays Through Severe Wardrobe Malfunction (NSFW Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here