*The Creative Arts Emmy Awards (all of the technical categories) were handed out last weekend, and Beyonce’s high-wattage Super Bowl XLVII halftime performance was up for three.
Bey and her crew ended up taking one of those home – the statue for “Outstanding Lighting Design/Lighting Direction for a Variety Special.” (The irony of a lighting award for a performance many blamed for the infamous blackout that followed.)
Beyonce’s halftime show was also nominated for “Outstanding Special Class — Short-Format Live-Action Entertainment Program” and “Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video Control For A Miniseries, Movie or a Special.”
Meanwhile, Beyonce’s HBO special, “Life Is But a Dream” was snubbed outright. The premium cable network was a big winner at the Creative Arts Emmys however, as NME notes, taking home a total of 20 trophies, including eight for Liberace biopic “Behind the Candelabra.”
In honor of that film, Elton John will be paying musical tribute to the late pianist at the Primetime Emmy Awards on Sunday, Sept. 22.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Steven Ivory: Maurice White’s Forever Hip Place
- Sheryl Lee Ralph: 'Where's My NAACP Image Award?' (WATCH)
- Stevie J Brags to Nick Cannon He Sexed Mariah Carey ... Twice!
- One-Year-Old Dies, After Being Shot in the Face in Compton
- Jay Z's Drug Dealer Past Thrown at Beyonce by TV Host Tomi Lahren
- Former Atlanta Vice Mayor Lisa Borders Named New WNBA President
- Does Bernie Sanders Meeting Al Sharpton Equal More Black Voter Support?
- Author Guarantees 'Boy, Get a Job...' Helps Teens Find Work
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here