*The Creative Arts Emmy Awards (all of the technical categories) were handed out last weekend, and Beyonce’s high-wattage Super Bowl XLVII halftime performance was up for three.
Bey and her crew ended up taking one of those home – the statue for “Outstanding Lighting Design/Lighting Direction for a Variety Special.” (The irony of a lighting award for a performance many blamed for the infamous blackout that followed.)
Beyonce’s halftime show was also nominated for “Outstanding Special Class — Short-Format Live-Action Entertainment Program” and “Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video Control For A Miniseries, Movie or a Special.”
Meanwhile, Beyonce’s HBO special, “Life Is But a Dream” was snubbed outright. The premium cable network was a big winner at the Creative Arts Emmys however, as NME notes, taking home a total of 20 trophies, including eight for Liberace biopic “Behind the Candelabra.”
In honor of that film, Elton John will be paying musical tribute to the late pianist at the Primetime Emmy Awards on Sunday, Sept. 22.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Kobe to Receive 'Legend' Award, Gilbert Arneas Trolls Nick Young
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here