*The Creative Arts Emmy Awards (all of the technical categories) were handed out last weekend, and Beyonce’s high-wattage Super Bowl XLVII halftime performance was up for three.
Bey and her crew ended up taking one of those home – the statue for “Outstanding Lighting Design/Lighting Direction for a Variety Special.” (The irony of a lighting award for a performance many blamed for the infamous blackout that followed.)
Beyonce’s halftime show was also nominated for “Outstanding Special Class — Short-Format Live-Action Entertainment Program” and “Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video Control For A Miniseries, Movie or a Special.”
Meanwhile, Beyonce’s HBO special, “Life Is But a Dream” was snubbed outright. The premium cable network was a big winner at the Creative Arts Emmys however, as NME notes, taking home a total of 20 trophies, including eight for Liberace biopic “Behind the Candelabra.”
In honor of that film, Elton John will be paying musical tribute to the late pianist at the Primetime Emmy Awards on Sunday, Sept. 22.
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here