*The Creative Arts Emmy Awards (all of the technical categories) were handed out last weekend, and Beyonce’s high-wattage Super Bowl XLVII halftime performance was up for three.
Bey and her crew ended up taking one of those home – the statue for “Outstanding Lighting Design/Lighting Direction for a Variety Special.” (The irony of a lighting award for a performance many blamed for the infamous blackout that followed.)
Beyonce’s halftime show was also nominated for “Outstanding Special Class — Short-Format Live-Action Entertainment Program” and “Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video Control For A Miniseries, Movie or a Special.”
Meanwhile, Beyonce’s HBO special, “Life Is But a Dream” was snubbed outright. The premium cable network was a big winner at the Creative Arts Emmys however, as NME notes, taking home a total of 20 trophies, including eight for Liberace biopic “Behind the Candelabra.”
In honor of that film, Elton John will be paying musical tribute to the late pianist at the Primetime Emmy Awards on Sunday, Sept. 22.
- BET Awards Fashion on Fleek (Watch)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Shocking Radiation Experiments on Black Children Left Holes in Head (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o Joins the Fight Against Elephant Poaching
- Tiger Woods in Denial Mode About Affair with Fellow Golfer’s Ex-Wife
- Jesse Jackson Blasts Twitter for Lack of Black and Minority Employees
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Red, White, and Bruised: Decades of Mistreatment Spark Anti-Patriotic Outrage Among Black Americans
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here