Held in Dallas, Aug. 29-31, 2013 the ultimate intersection of faith family attracted more than 75,000 participants during its three-day run at multiple venues in the city: The Dallas Convention Center, the Omni Dallas Hotel and the American Airlines Center.
The largest event of its kind, MegaFest featured four of Jakes’ most popular conferences: ManPower, Woman Thou Art Loosed, MegaYouth and MegaKidz along with celebrity entertainment, business and other inspirational features for the entire family.
Oprah Winfrey kicked-off the festival with the taping of her Lifeclass in front of thousands at the American Airlines Center. This was followed by numerous headliners including Joel and Victoria Osteen, who hosted an empowerment session, Oscar and Grammy winner, Jennifer Hudson, who headlined the Woman of Purpose concert and participated in the first International Faith and Family Film Festival, Steve Harvey, “Scandal’s” Kerry Washington, Kenneth “Babyface” Edmonds, and of course, Bishop T.D. Jakes who spoke at numerous sessions including Woman Thou Art Loosed, ManPower and MegaYouth. Cedric “The Entertainer” and Niecy Nash hosted the “Just Churchin'” Comedy Show, while “omg! Insider’s” Kevin Frazier moderated multiple panel presentations during the Film Festival.
Other notable personalities who attended, performed or participated in MegaFest activities include: Tyler Perry, Brandy, Ray J, Robert Townsend, Tamar Braxton, Terrell Owens, Michelle Williams, Ben & Jewel Tankard, Isaac Caree, Tisha Campbell Martin, Holly Robinson Peete, Kim Burrell, Mary Mary, Marvin Sapp, Alan Houston, Malinda Williams, Nicole Ari Parker and Boris Kodjoe, Meagan Good and DeVon Franklin, Ray Chew, Emmitt and Pat Smith, Fred Hammond, David and Tamela Mann, Jacob Latimore, Kirk Franklin, Tye Tribbett, Kierra Sheard, Mali Music, Anthony Mackie, Toccara, Wesley Jonathan, and more.
“The success of MegaFest in Dallas is above and beyond my expectations,” said Bishop T.D. Jakes. “I couldn’t be more proud of my team who worked tirelessly to produce this three-day event and provide a platform for faith, prayer, inspiration and encouragement. I see why God sent me to Dallas. And I thank him for all his blessing.”
Click the video below to view first look at Oprah and T.D. Jakes’ discussion about fatherless children in America airing Sunday, September 8 at 9/8c on OWN.
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here