Held in Dallas, Aug. 29-31, 2013 the ultimate intersection of faith family attracted more than 75,000 participants during its three-day run at multiple venues in the city: The Dallas Convention Center, the Omni Dallas Hotel and the American Airlines Center.
The largest event of its kind, MegaFest featured four of Jakes’ most popular conferences: ManPower, Woman Thou Art Loosed, MegaYouth and MegaKidz along with celebrity entertainment, business and other inspirational features for the entire family.
Oprah Winfrey kicked-off the festival with the taping of her Lifeclass in front of thousands at the American Airlines Center. This was followed by numerous headliners including Joel and Victoria Osteen, who hosted an empowerment session, Oscar and Grammy winner, Jennifer Hudson, who headlined the Woman of Purpose concert and participated in the first International Faith and Family Film Festival, Steve Harvey, “Scandal’s” Kerry Washington, Kenneth “Babyface” Edmonds, and of course, Bishop T.D. Jakes who spoke at numerous sessions including Woman Thou Art Loosed, ManPower and MegaYouth. Cedric “The Entertainer” and Niecy Nash hosted the “Just Churchin'” Comedy Show, while “omg! Insider’s” Kevin Frazier moderated multiple panel presentations during the Film Festival.
Other notable personalities who attended, performed or participated in MegaFest activities include: Tyler Perry, Brandy, Ray J, Robert Townsend, Tamar Braxton, Terrell Owens, Michelle Williams, Ben & Jewel Tankard, Isaac Caree, Tisha Campbell Martin, Holly Robinson Peete, Kim Burrell, Mary Mary, Marvin Sapp, Alan Houston, Malinda Williams, Nicole Ari Parker and Boris Kodjoe, Meagan Good and DeVon Franklin, Ray Chew, Emmitt and Pat Smith, Fred Hammond, David and Tamela Mann, Jacob Latimore, Kirk Franklin, Tye Tribbett, Kierra Sheard, Mali Music, Anthony Mackie, Toccara, Wesley Jonathan, and more.
“The success of MegaFest in Dallas is above and beyond my expectations,” said Bishop T.D. Jakes. “I couldn’t be more proud of my team who worked tirelessly to produce this three-day event and provide a platform for faith, prayer, inspiration and encouragement. I see why God sent me to Dallas. And I thank him for all his blessing.”
Click the video below to view first look at Oprah and T.D. Jakes’ discussion about fatherless children in America airing Sunday, September 8 at 9/8c on OWN.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Regina King Talks ‘American Crime’ and Andre 3000
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Cam Newton Posts Pic of Baby Son Chosen
- Idris Elba Lands Romantic Drama; Samuel L. Jackson Pursues ‘Revival’ Role
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Beyonce Backlash, Cam Newton Criticized, Black Panther Party Documentary & More! | BHL's This Week
- The Deya Direct Podcast: What is a Man Whisperer?
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Screen Actors Guild Honors Outstanding Performances at 22nd Annual SAG Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here