*Brand new cooking show, “Rachael Vs. Guy: Kids Cook-Off” takes a group of exceptionally talented kid chefs and shows them the professional ropes of cooking.
The children work with top television chefs Rachael Ray and Guy Fieri during mentoring sessions and finally a cook off.
One stand out kid chef, Haile Thomas has blown us away. The talented 12-year-old is totally in touch with her roots. She loves to cook, and is so good at it that one of her healthy recipes was selected to be served to First Lady Michelle Obama. As a matter of fact, she was crowned for the best kid’s dish of the year.
“I submitted a healthy recipe of black bean and corn quinoa salad and it won for the State of Arizona,” she says. “I went to the White House representing the State of Arizona and my dish was chosen among a few others to be served to the first lady. So she got to taste it and it was pretty cool.”
Oh, and that’s not all. Not even a teen, she also established a non-profit dedicated to fighting childhood obesity.
Haile is more than the full package.
Hot in the kitchen at the tender age of 5 years old, Halie is an articulate young lady inspired by culture, health, and passion.
While cooking is her claim to fame, the product of two Jamaican parents loves to speak to the masses. Though she may not have grown all of her adult teeth, Haile doesn’t allow stereotypes or age dictate the way she blows.
Understanding what it means to be healthy and positive, in 2012 the kid chef along with her mother Charmaine Thomas established The HAPPY (Healthy Active Positive Purposeful Youth) Organization with the goal of educating underprivileged children (and adults) about healthier eating habits and lifestyle choices. Through a partnership with a local YWCA, the program offers cooking classes, nutritional health education and physical activities in Arizona.
And when she’s not cooking, Haile enjoys the simple things in life like drama and giving motivational speeches at conferences and seminars.
Yes, this kid is more than phenomenal.
The chef business is only a hobby and we think motivational speaking is on her horizon for sure.
Her parting words: Take your passion and what you want to do and try to make a positive impact on the world with it because it’s a good thing to know you’re helping out in some way.”
Check out Haile’s Facebook page.
Watch Haile at age 10 talk about being a kid gourmet chef:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lil Wayne’s Prison Memoir ‘Gone Til November’ Finally Due in October
- Dollywood's 'World's Fastest Wooden Coaster' is Slowed due to Recall
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here