*Brand new cooking show, “Rachael Vs. Guy: Kids Cook-Off” takes a group of exceptionally talented kid chefs and shows them the professional ropes of cooking.
The children work with top television chefs Rachael Ray and Guy Fieri during mentoring sessions and finally a cook off.
One stand out kid chef, Haile Thomas has blown us away. The talented 12-year-old is totally in touch with her roots. She loves to cook, and is so good at it that one of her healthy recipes was selected to be served to First Lady Michelle Obama. As a matter of fact, she was crowned for the best kid’s dish of the year.
“I submitted a healthy recipe of black bean and corn quinoa salad and it won for the State of Arizona,” she says. “I went to the White House representing the State of Arizona and my dish was chosen among a few others to be served to the first lady. So she got to taste it and it was pretty cool.”
Oh, and that’s not all. Not even a teen, she also established a non-profit dedicated to fighting childhood obesity.
Haile is more than the full package.
Hot in the kitchen at the tender age of 5 years old, Halie is an articulate young lady inspired by culture, health, and passion.
While cooking is her claim to fame, the product of two Jamaican parents loves to speak to the masses. Though she may not have grown all of her adult teeth, Haile doesn’t allow stereotypes or age dictate the way she blows.
Understanding what it means to be healthy and positive, in 2012 the kid chef along with her mother Charmaine Thomas established The HAPPY (Healthy Active Positive Purposeful Youth) Organization with the goal of educating underprivileged children (and adults) about healthier eating habits and lifestyle choices. Through a partnership with a local YWCA, the program offers cooking classes, nutritional health education and physical activities in Arizona.
And when she’s not cooking, Haile enjoys the simple things in life like drama and giving motivational speeches at conferences and seminars.
Yes, this kid is more than phenomenal.
The chef business is only a hobby and we think motivational speaking is on her horizon for sure.
Her parting words: Take your passion and what you want to do and try to make a positive impact on the world with it because it’s a good thing to know you’re helping out in some way.”
Check out Haile’s Facebook page.
Watch Haile at age 10 talk about being a kid gourmet chef:
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- The Film Strip: New York Comic Con Tickets Going Fast
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Daniele Watts & Boyfriend Sentenced
- Shocking! How BGF Members Made $20K a Month in Jail
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Trump Dismisses Ramos, 2 Reporters Murdered in Virginia, Serena Williams New Boo | BHL's This Week
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here