The Carib Press news magazine will provide the event program. Inclusion or sponsorship of the “Uplifting Minds II” Saturday, October 19th event or its event program is Tuesday, September 30, 2013.
The “Uplifting Minds II” entertainment conference offers an intense entertainment business seminar panel from 1 – 2:30pm and a national talent competition showcase – in vocal, songwriting and dance – from 3 – 5p.m. Admission if free! Ten acts will compete in two of the three categories for the 2013 “ULMII” Award and a list of prizes donated by its sponsors.
The 14 year old conference started in Baltimore in 1999, by founder syndicated entertainment columnist Eunice Moseley (www.ThePulseofEntertainment.com) and by 2000 it was being held annually in also Houston, Atlanta and Los Angeles – until 2009. In 2010 it became confined annually to Baltimore (April) and Los Angeles (June and October). In 2014 the Baltimore April conference will be held at Security Square Mall Saturday, April 19, 2014 and this years’ last Los Angeles date will be held at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood, CA Saturday, October 19, 2013.
Carib Press is published for Caribbean-Americans in the Los Angeles area by Jamaican born Lyndon A. Johnson in 1999. Johnson has a background in graphic design and developed a desire to provide a medium that caters to the Caribbean-American readers in the Los Angeles area. Carib Press provides information that demographic can relate to in news, sports, politics, economy, law, immigration, travel, newsmakers, entertainment and celebrities. It also offers political commentary, interviews and a classified section. Even though Caribbean-Americans are the focus it also seeks to provide content for the general public.
Aside from the Oct. 19th media partner Carib Press, media sponsors include www.EURweb.com and www.Praise98FM.com. Other sponsors include www.DustDemAFF.com who is providing free studio recording time, free music track and free radio promotions to the talent showcase winners; www.TheGardnerLawGroup.com is providing free entertainment business consult; www.FreelanceAssociatesInc.com is providing free public relations/media consult; free vocal coaching for winners will be provided by vocalist/artist manager Nadiyah Kareem (Superstar Entertainment), and free make-up/skincare consult by skincare specialist Jenneane Collins (Baltimore based).
Additional sponsors include Lee Bailey (publisher of www.EURweb.com) who will serve as a judge during the competition, along with international award winning guitarist Vernon Neilly – owner of Boosweet Records (www.Boosweet.com) and the Vernon Neilly Signature Guitar. Program manager and radio personality Lady Charmaine of the “Lady Charmaine Live” show on Praise 98FM will host the national talent competition showcase as a sponsor.
For more information on the “Uplifting Minds II” entertainment conference, the national talent showcase competition, to place ads or sponsor the event or the Carib Press “ULMII” event program call toll free at (866) 938-5220, or direct at 562-424-3836, email [email protected] or log onto www.upliftingminds2.com.
Freelance Associates PR & Promotions
- Rumor or Fact? L.A. Gangs Threaten to Kill 100 People in 100 Days
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- THE (07-29-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here