*Chris Brown is the media’s favorite target to beat up on, but he’s put himself in that position time and time again.
On the other hand, in a recent interview with Jet Magazine, the trouble prone singer/dancer raises a point about him and Jay Z, who’s seen as devoted husband and family man and an acclaimed artist . At least that’s his image now.
But not too long ago, that wasn’t the case. You see, when Jay Z raps about dealin’ cocaine, he wasn’t just making it up. Also, back in 2001 he pleaded guilty to stabbing a record executive two years earlier (Hova blamed the producer, Lance “Un” Rivera, for bootlegging his “Vol. 3… Life and Times of S. Carter”).
So maybe you should cut Breezy some slack when he points out the perceived double standard.
“No disrespect, because I’m a fan, but nobody brings up the fact that (Jay Z) stabbed somebody and sold drugs. He gets a pass.”
Brown also addresses his own anger-management problem.
“You have to go through the struggle before you can get to the good part. I don’t try to lash out at people, or be as mad or impulsive as I used to be.”
“I got to the point where it’s only so much you can take from the master, you feel me? I’ve taken my fair share of lashings.”
And not too surprisingly Brown compares himself Trayvon Martin.
“I identify with Trayvon 100% as far as living in 2013 and still dealing with blatant racism. This generation is so used to racism that it’s normal; we don’t care. We aren’t on drugs or catching AIDS, but they still look at us as (n-word).”
The new edition of Jet with Chris Brown on the cover is on newsstands starting Monday, Sept. 23.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Chicago Cop Fatally Shoots Teen, Then Sues His Family
- Jay Z's Tidal Selects #BlackLivesMatter for $1.5M Donation
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here