*Chris Brown is the media’s favorite target to beat up on, but he’s put himself in that position time and time again.
On the other hand, in a recent interview with Jet Magazine, the trouble prone singer/dancer raises a point about him and Jay Z, who’s seen as devoted husband and family man and an acclaimed artist . At least that’s his image now.
But not too long ago, that wasn’t the case. You see, when Jay Z raps about dealin’ cocaine, he wasn’t just making it up. Also, back in 2001 he pleaded guilty to stabbing a record executive two years earlier (Hova blamed the producer, Lance “Un” Rivera, for bootlegging his “Vol. 3… Life and Times of S. Carter”).
So maybe you should cut Breezy some slack when he points out the perceived double standard.
“No disrespect, because I’m a fan, but nobody brings up the fact that (Jay Z) stabbed somebody and sold drugs. He gets a pass.”
Brown also addresses his own anger-management problem.
“You have to go through the struggle before you can get to the good part. I don’t try to lash out at people, or be as mad or impulsive as I used to be.”
“I got to the point where it’s only so much you can take from the master, you feel me? I’ve taken my fair share of lashings.”
And not too surprisingly Brown compares himself Trayvon Martin.
“I identify with Trayvon 100% as far as living in 2013 and still dealing with blatant racism. This generation is so used to racism that it’s normal; we don’t care. We aren’t on drugs or catching AIDS, but they still look at us as (n-word).”
The new edition of Jet with Chris Brown on the cover is on newsstands starting Monday, Sept. 23.
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here