*Oscar De La Hoya has announced he will not be attending the biggest fight of the year for his promotions company…because he’ll be in rehab.
The former boxer issued a statement Tuesday saying he voluntarily admitted himself to an unnamed treatment facility as he continues to fight his substance abuse. He will miss Saturday’s big fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Canelo Alvarez.
“I will not be at the fight this Saturday to cheer Canelo to victory since I have voluntarily admitted myself into a treatment facility,” De La Hoya said in his statement.
“I explained this to Canelo and he understood that my health and long term recovery from my disease must come first.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here