*Oscar De La Hoya has announced he will not be attending the biggest fight of the year for his promotions company…because he’ll be in rehab.
The former boxer issued a statement Tuesday saying he voluntarily admitted himself to an unnamed treatment facility as he continues to fight his substance abuse. He will miss Saturday’s big fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Canelo Alvarez.
“I will not be at the fight this Saturday to cheer Canelo to victory since I have voluntarily admitted myself into a treatment facility,” De La Hoya said in his statement.
“I explained this to Canelo and he understood that my health and long term recovery from my disease must come first.”
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Mariah Carey to Direct Hallmark Film, Sets NYC Xmas Shows, European Tour
- Sounds of Blackness Releases Incredible Anthem 'Black Lives Matter: No Justice No Peace!' (WATCH/LISTEN)
- Confederate Flags Left At Martin Luther King’s Church in Atlanta
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here