*It seems after fulfilling her contractual obligations to the show that gave her a spotlight, Evelyn Lozada is ready to step into her own light with a spin-off.
“I signed on to do five seasons and this is our fifth. I don’t really see me doing a sixth season,” Lozada told the Huffington Post.
Evelyn was originally scheduled to air in a spin-off with her ex-husband Chad Johnson, but after their domestic violence incident the show was canceled. Despite that, Evelyn shared that doing the show made her confident that her own series could actually work.
“I know I can carry my own show, pretty much carried this one,” she said referring to “Basketball Wives.”
Having her own show would put Evelyn in a position of control, which based on the reputation she built from “BBW” might be a chance to show her in a new light.
“I would do my own show because I know I would have creative control,” said Evelyn.
“I’m in a different space,” she said. “I’m open to doing a spin-off, but just not with a cast of women.”
That “different space” can be partially credited to the two life coaches that has helped Evelyn handle situations in a calmer manner, including a recent spat with co-star Tami Roman.
“I stay calm because I think about the previous season when I acted an ass, and it just wasn’t a good look for me, so I think about that,” said Evelyn. She admits that there has been no communication between the two of them lately.
Her celebrity life coaches, Tony Gaskins and Iyanla Vanzant, have been helping her shed some of the negative behavior Evelyn had been criticized about in past seasons.
“We talk about everything, whether it’s dating, whether it’s the show, whether it’s family. It’s just nice to be able to have that outlet and be honest….It helps me. It’s just nice to have that person you can trust and you know it won’t go anywhere,” said Evelyn. Her coaches were proud that Ev was able to refrain from violence after Tami’s actions.
“Probably last season I would have gotten up, but it’s just not worth it to me. I made a promise last season to just be a better example,” she said. “That’s why I chose to be a mature lady and make my life coach very happy and I sat down and if she wanted to act crazy and make herself look crazy; that’s fine.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here