West was seen last week looking miserable in the front row at Alexander Wang, Diesel Black Gold, Hood by Air and a show by British designer Louise Goldin, who’s married to West’s manager, Izvor (Izzy) Zivkovic.
And yes, you read our headline correctly. According to sources, the designers fear that West might steal their creations.
“It was something that was discussed beforehand — ‘Do we let him in and risk our ideas being sold off by him?’ ” says an insider.
West has taken to LinkedIn to staff his new fashion company including a vice president of production and a chief officer for an unnamed “Kanye West clothing project.”
The description for his fashion venture “will leverage Mr. West’s success in high fashion and music to bring accessible style to malls and other outlets across America and around the world.”
The first clothing line from West debuted back in 2011. He recently joined forces with French fashion house A.P.C. on a menswear line, while consulting with Goldin for a knitwear line.
As for Fashion Week, our source speculated: “He is there because he is coming out with a new clothing line and is desperate for ideas on what’s hot.”
When [email protected] tried quizzing West at the Diesel show Tuesday, he lashed out. “Don’t ask me questions!” he shouted at us. When we repeated our soft question, asking what he was wearing, baby North West’s moody new dad made a quick getaway through a side exit while his security manhandled us.
A rep for West has yet to respond, according to [email protected]
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Opinion: Kanye West Not Worth a Billion dollars from Adidas Deal
- Future Talks Album Flop, Ciara's Lawsuit & Russell Wilson
- Woman’s Viral National Anthem Leads to National TV Singing Debut on ‘GMA’ (Watch)
- Mike Tirico Says Goodbye to ESPN after 25 Years (Watch Full Remarks)
- Vic Mensa Suggests Justin Timberlake ‘Support Black People When It’s More Difficult’ (Watch)
- Apple in Talks to Acquire Jay Z’s Streaming Service Tidal
- Ludacris Surprises Wife Eudoxie With New $160,000 Benz (Watch)
- Free Hamburgers to Anyone Who Changes Their Last Name to 'Burger'
- Kyrie Irving Calls ‘No Black Girls Allowed’ Yacht Party Backlash ‘Ridiculous’
- Demolition of Aretha Franklin’s Birth Home Postponed
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here