West was seen last week looking miserable in the front row at Alexander Wang, Diesel Black Gold, Hood by Air and a show by British designer Louise Goldin, who’s married to West’s manager, Izvor (Izzy) Zivkovic.
And yes, you read our headline correctly. According to sources, the designers fear that West might steal their creations.
“It was something that was discussed beforehand — ‘Do we let him in and risk our ideas being sold off by him?’ ” says an insider.
West has taken to LinkedIn to staff his new fashion company including a vice president of production and a chief officer for an unnamed “Kanye West clothing project.”
The description for his fashion venture “will leverage Mr. West’s success in high fashion and music to bring accessible style to malls and other outlets across America and around the world.”
The first clothing line from West debuted back in 2011. He recently joined forces with French fashion house A.P.C. on a menswear line, while consulting with Goldin for a knitwear line.
As for Fashion Week, our source speculated: “He is there because he is coming out with a new clothing line and is desperate for ideas on what’s hot.”
When Confidenti@l tried quizzing West at the Diesel show Tuesday, he lashed out. “Don’t ask me questions!” he shouted at us. When we repeated our soft question, asking what he was wearing, baby North West’s moody new dad made a quick getaway through a side exit while his security manhandled us.
A rep for West has yet to respond, according to Confidenti@l.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Chicago Cop Fatally Shoots Teen, Then Sues His Family
- Jay Z's Tidal Selects #BlackLivesMatter for $1.5M Donation
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here