West was seen last week looking miserable in the front row at Alexander Wang, Diesel Black Gold, Hood by Air and a show by British designer Louise Goldin, who’s married to West’s manager, Izvor (Izzy) Zivkovic.
And yes, you read our headline correctly. According to sources, the designers fear that West might steal their creations.
“It was something that was discussed beforehand — ‘Do we let him in and risk our ideas being sold off by him?’ ” says an insider.
West has taken to LinkedIn to staff his new fashion company including a vice president of production and a chief officer for an unnamed “Kanye West clothing project.”
The description for his fashion venture “will leverage Mr. West’s success in high fashion and music to bring accessible style to malls and other outlets across America and around the world.”
The first clothing line from West debuted back in 2011. He recently joined forces with French fashion house A.P.C. on a menswear line, while consulting with Goldin for a knitwear line.
As for Fashion Week, our source speculated: “He is there because he is coming out with a new clothing line and is desperate for ideas on what’s hot.”
When Confidenti@l tried quizzing West at the Diesel show Tuesday, he lashed out. “Don’t ask me questions!” he shouted at us. When we repeated our soft question, asking what he was wearing, baby North West’s moody new dad made a quick getaway through a side exit while his security manhandled us.
A rep for West has yet to respond, according to Confidenti@l.
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Watch Obama Meet Woman Named Weezy and Break Into ‘Jeffersons’ Theme Song
- Queen Latifah Moved By Her Own ‘Bessie’ Performance: I ‘Made Myself Cry’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here