*Paps caught 10-year-old Oscar nominee Quvenzhane Wallis on the Harlem, NY set of “Annie” earlier this week.
The actress, who wowed audiences with her raw performance in 2012’s “Beast of the Southern Wild,” is taking on the iconic character for an urban reboot from producers Jay-Z and Will Smith.
Oscar winner Jamie Foxx has signed on to play Benjamin Stacks (the “Daddy” Warbucks role); and Cameron Diaz will star as Miss Hannigan. The movie hits theaters on Christmas Day 2014.
In the photos, Wallis is riding a CitiBike, New York’s public rentable two-wheelers, wearing a pink sweatshirt, T-shirt, denim skirt, gray tights, pink high-tops and a polkadot backpack.
When the remake was first announced in 2011, Smith’s daughter Willow was attached to play the lead character. But early this year, she backed out. Speaking at Temple University in February, Smith recounted how his daughter broke the news to him.
“Willow was supposed to be doing Annie, we got Jay-Z to do the movie, got the studio to come in, and Willow had such a difficult time on tour with ‘Whip my Hair,’ and she said, ‘You know, Daddy, I don’t think so,’ ” he shared. “I said, ‘Baby, hold up!’ I said, ‘No, no, no, listen — you’ll be in New York with all of your friends and Beyoncé will be there. You will be singing and dancing,’ and she looked at me and said, ‘Daddy, I have a better idea, how about I just be 12.’ “
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here