*Mark O’Mara, the attorney who successfully defended George Zimmerman in his second-degree murder trial this year, will no longer represent his infamous client, reports CNN.
“I am not representing George Zimmerman in his recent domestic altercation case or his impending divorce case,” O’Mara told CNN.
Although Zimmerman’s murder trial is over, his legal battles are far from over.
On Monday, Zimmerman was briefly detained after a dispute involving his estranged wife, Shellie, and her father, David Bryant Dean. The two declined to press charges, and George Zimmerman was not charged or arrested in the dispute.
The run-in was just one in a number of incidents in a summer rife with ups and downs for the former neighborhood watchman.
After his acquittal on July 13, George Zimmerman reportedly helped a family escape from an overturned SUV, according to the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office.
Zimmerman has also been pulled over in traffic twice. The first time, he was given a verbal warning for a traffic violation in Texas. The second time was in Florida last week, when he was issued a $256 ticket for speeding.
O’Mara, now a legal analyst for CNN, continues to be the attorney of record in the impending defamation lawsuit against NBC; Pennsylvania attorney Jim Beasley will be the lead attorney on the case.
He will also still be involved with outstanding sanction motions and recovery of costs from the state of Florida for expenses related to Zimmerman’s murder trial.
George Zimmerman to ask for $200,000 from Florida for court costs.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here