*Mark O’Mara, the attorney who successfully defended George Zimmerman in his second-degree murder trial this year, will no longer represent his infamous client, reports CNN.
“I am not representing George Zimmerman in his recent domestic altercation case or his impending divorce case,” O’Mara told CNN.
Although Zimmerman’s murder trial is over, his legal battles are far from over.
On Monday, Zimmerman was briefly detained after a dispute involving his estranged wife, Shellie, and her father, David Bryant Dean. The two declined to press charges, and George Zimmerman was not charged or arrested in the dispute.
The run-in was just one in a number of incidents in a summer rife with ups and downs for the former neighborhood watchman.
After his acquittal on July 13, George Zimmerman reportedly helped a family escape from an overturned SUV, according to the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office.
Zimmerman has also been pulled over in traffic twice. The first time, he was given a verbal warning for a traffic violation in Texas. The second time was in Florida last week, when he was issued a $256 ticket for speeding.
O’Mara, now a legal analyst for CNN, continues to be the attorney of record in the impending defamation lawsuit against NBC; Pennsylvania attorney Jim Beasley will be the lead attorney on the case.
He will also still be involved with outstanding sanction motions and recovery of costs from the state of Florida for expenses related to Zimmerman’s murder trial.
George Zimmerman to ask for $200,000 from Florida for court costs.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Kobe to Receive 'Legend' Award, Gilbert Arneas Trolls Nick Young
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here