George Zimmerman has been taken into custody following an incident involving a gun, CBS News has confirmed.
In a telephone interview the Lake Mary, Florida police chief says George Zimmerman is in “investigative detention” after his estranged wife, Shellie, called authorities to say he was threatening her and her parents with a gun.
Lake Mary police say they were called to the Sprucewood Road home of Shellie Zimmerman’s parents Monday afternoon, reports CBS affiliate WKMG. Lake Mary police spokesman Zach Hudson tells the station police are “trying to determine what exactly happened.”
No arrests have been made, reports the station.
Police are investigating a “possible domestic battery,” the Orlando Sentinel reports. No significant injuries were reported, police said, according to the report.
The incident comes days after Shellie Zimmerman filed for divorce and discussed her relationship with George Zimmerman in a TV interview.
George Zimmerman, 29, was acquitted of second-degree murder in the Feb. 2012 shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on July 13. The case made international news after it took police several weeks to arrest Zimmerman in the case.
Shellie Zimmerman has also had trouble with the law. On Aug. 28, she pleaded guilty to misdemeanor perjury and was sentenced to one year of probation. She had been accused of lying about the couple’s financial situation when she testified at George Zimmerman’s bond hearing in June 2012.
On the same day she pleaded guilty, Shellie Zimmerman told ABC’s Good Morning, America that she would “think about” staying married to her husband.
Zimmerman has been pulled over for speeding twice since his acquittal. See video below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Cute as Heck: 10-Year Old Gets to 'Play Bass' With Paul McCartney (Watch)
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here