*Shellie Zimmerman told the “Today” show’s Matt Lauer that she’s unsure of what exactly happened when her estranged husband, George Zimmerman encountered an unarmed Trayvon Martin on the night of February 26, 2012.
“This person that I’m married to that I’m divorcing, I’ve kind of realized now that I don’t know him,” she told Matt Lauer on Thursday. “And I really don’t know what he’s capable of.”
She’s also unsure it was self-defense.
“I’m conflicted on that,” she said. “I believe the evidence, but this revelation in my life has really helped me to take the blinders off.”
Shellie Zimmerman says she doesn’t believe her husband profiled Martin, who was black.
Since the trial, she says her husband treated her like she’s “disposable” and went on a “victory tour” without her.
Earlier this month, the two were involved in an altercation at her central Florida home. Since then, she’s been unable to serve him with divorce papers because she doesn’t know where he is.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here