*According to a divorce petition made public last week, before George Zimmerman went postal on her and her father, his soon to be ex-wife wife, Shellie Zimmerman, has requested that he furnish a permanent insurance policy and make her the beneficiary.
In the petition Shellie said George should be responsible for the premiums on the policy since he “has the financial ability to obtain such life insurance at reasonable rates.” She also asked for custody of the couple’s 2-year-old Rottweiler, Oso, and 8-year-old Leroy, a mixed-breed dog. They have no children.
Shellie is asking for the checking accounts, trusts, partnerships and any unknown assets to be equally distributed. The unknown assets will include any money Geore receives from his defamation lawsuit he filed against NBC. She also asked that the judge keep George from selling off any property.
The couple got married in November 2007 and separated a month after Zimmerman was acquitted this year from the shooting death of Trayvon Martin. They are not currently living together as husband and wife, according to the petition.
“The marriage between the parties is irretrievably broken,” the petition said.
“I stood by my husband through everything,” she told ABC, “and I kind of feel like he left me with a bunch of pieces of broken glass that I’m supposed to now assemble and make a life.”
Shellie also says that her husband was verbally abusive toward her and has been making “reckless decisions.”
“In my opinion, he feels more invincible” since his acquittal, she added.
She said the timing seems right to begin a new life.
“I have supported him for so long and neglected myself for too long,” Shellie Zimmerman said. “And I feel like I’m finally starting to feel empowered again.”
Last week, Shellie pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor perjury charge for lying about the couple’s finances during George’s bail hearing. She was sentenced to a year’s probation and 100 hours of community service.
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Report: Tom Brady Destroyed Cell Phone; NFL Suspension to be Upheld
- Bobbi Kristina's Body Released for Burial
- Rashida Jones Dropped Robin Thicke for Al B. Sure in Junior High
- TV Land’s ‘Soul Man’ Renewed for Fifth and Final Season
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here