*According to a divorce petition made public last week, before George Zimmerman went postal on her and her father, his soon to be ex-wife wife, Shellie Zimmerman, has requested that he furnish a permanent insurance policy and make her the beneficiary.
In the petition Shellie said George should be responsible for the premiums on the policy since he “has the financial ability to obtain such life insurance at reasonable rates.” She also asked for custody of the couple’s 2-year-old Rottweiler, Oso, and 8-year-old Leroy, a mixed-breed dog. They have no children.
Shellie is asking for the checking accounts, trusts, partnerships and any unknown assets to be equally distributed. The unknown assets will include any money Geore receives from his defamation lawsuit he filed against NBC. She also asked that the judge keep George from selling off any property.
The couple got married in November 2007 and separated a month after Zimmerman was acquitted this year from the shooting death of Trayvon Martin. They are not currently living together as husband and wife, according to the petition.
“The marriage between the parties is irretrievably broken,” the petition said.
“I stood by my husband through everything,” she told ABC, “and I kind of feel like he left me with a bunch of pieces of broken glass that I’m supposed to now assemble and make a life.”
Shellie also says that her husband was verbally abusive toward her and has been making “reckless decisions.”
“In my opinion, he feels more invincible” since his acquittal, she added.
She said the timing seems right to begin a new life.
“I have supported him for so long and neglected myself for too long,” Shellie Zimmerman said. “And I feel like I’m finally starting to feel empowered again.”
Last week, Shellie pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor perjury charge for lying about the couple’s finances during George’s bail hearing. She was sentenced to a year’s probation and 100 hours of community service.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Glam-Horror 'The Neon Demon' is a 'Celebration of Narcissism'
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here