*One day after criticizing Samuel L. Jackson’s portrayal of Nick Fury in “The Avengers,” David Hasselhoff took to Twitter to compliment the Oscar-nominated actor.
In an interview with Yahoo! Movies on Wednesday, Hasselhoff reminisced about playing the original Nick Fury in the 1998 TV movie “Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.”
“I was the first Nick Fury,” he said. “Stan Lee came on the set and told me all about Nick. He said, ‘You’re the ultimate Nick Fury.’ He gave me the greatest compliment ever.”
When asked about Jackson’s interpretation of Nick Fury in the Marvel films, the “Baywatch” star didn’t shy away from giving his real opinion.
“You know, it wasn’t Nick Fury,” he said. They take these shows and they make it the way they want to make it and unfortunately, they should have had Stan Lee on the set and let him kick him into gear — whoever directed [The Avengers] decided they wanted to go that way. But it’s their prerogative. He’s still a great actor.”
Hasselhoff, 61, admitted he was hoping to reprise his role as Nick Fury in the 2012 summer blockbuster. “And then Samuel L. Jackson came in and he was a great Nick Fury, but he wasn’t really the consummate Nick Fury, the way he was written,” he said.
However, just one day later, Hasselhoff backtracked and publicly praised Jackson.
“Set the record straight,” he tweeted. “Samuel Jackson is one of my favorite actors, a friend and I wish him well in all his roles especially Nick Fury!”
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Had Your Fill Yet?
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Russell Wilson Says God Has Anointed Him and Ciara
- 'WAGS' Star Autumn Ajirotutu on Why She’s Not a Gold-Digger
- Did Enquirer Pay Nick Gordon $40K to Visit Bobbi Kristina’s Grave?
- George Zimmerman Calls Pres. Obama ‘Ignorant Baboon’ in Twitter Rant Over WDBJ Shootings
- Former NBA Star Darryl Dawkins (Chocolate Thunder) Dies at 58
- Chris Brown Tattoos Huge Bull on Other Side of his Head
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here