*Isaiah Washington, whose run on “Grey’s Anatomy” ended after cast mates said he had used homophobic slurs, has just finished wrapped production on “Blackbird,” a film in which he plays the sympathetic father of a gay son.
The 50-year-old actor also helped produce the film, which was written and directed by “Noah’s Arc” producer Patrik-Ian Polk.
Washington plays the father of a talented teen singer who is gay and struggling with it in a small Southern Baptist town.
Meanwhile, Washington is getting strong reviews for the Alexander Moors-directed “Blue Caprice,” which premiered at Sundance and gets released this week by IFC.
He recently starred in the SXSW film “They Die By Dawn,” and is also developing a reality-based sports and outdoor adventure show with Wayne Hubbard and Candice Price’s Urban American Adventures brand.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here