*Isaiah Washington, whose run on “Grey’s Anatomy” ended after cast mates said he had used homophobic slurs, has just finished wrapped production on “Blackbird,” a film in which he plays the sympathetic father of a gay son.
The 50-year-old actor also helped produce the film, which was written and directed by “Noah’s Arc” producer Patrik-Ian Polk.
Washington plays the father of a talented teen singer who is gay and struggling with it in a small Southern Baptist town.
Meanwhile, Washington is getting strong reviews for the Alexander Moors-directed “Blue Caprice,” which premiered at Sundance and gets released this week by IFC.
He recently starred in the SXSW film “They Die By Dawn,” and is also developing a reality-based sports and outdoor adventure show with Wayne Hubbard and Candice Price’s Urban American Adventures brand.
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here