*Isaiah Washington, whose run on “Grey’s Anatomy” ended after cast mates said he had used homophobic slurs, has just finished wrapped production on “Blackbird,” a film in which he plays the sympathetic father of a gay son.
The 50-year-old actor also helped produce the film, which was written and directed by “Noah’s Arc” producer Patrik-Ian Polk.
Washington plays the father of a talented teen singer who is gay and struggling with it in a small Southern Baptist town.
Meanwhile, Washington is getting strong reviews for the Alexander Moors-directed “Blue Caprice,” which premiered at Sundance and gets released this week by IFC.
He recently starred in the SXSW film “They Die By Dawn,” and is also developing a reality-based sports and outdoor adventure show with Wayne Hubbard and Candice Price’s Urban American Adventures brand.
- Adrian Peterson is the Father, Says Massage Therapist
- Al Roker’s ‘Wake Up With Al’ Show Cancelled Over Email Fight
- 53rd New York Film Festival Headed for Another Great Run
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here