*Isaiah Washington, whose run on “Grey’s Anatomy” ended after cast mates said he had used homophobic slurs, has just finished wrapped production on “Blackbird,” a film in which he plays the sympathetic father of a gay son.
The 50-year-old actor also helped produce the film, which was written and directed by “Noah’s Arc” producer Patrik-Ian Polk.
Washington plays the father of a talented teen singer who is gay and struggling with it in a small Southern Baptist town.
Meanwhile, Washington is getting strong reviews for the Alexander Moors-directed “Blue Caprice,” which premiered at Sundance and gets released this week by IFC.
He recently starred in the SXSW film “They Die By Dawn,” and is also developing a reality-based sports and outdoor adventure show with Wayne Hubbard and Candice Price’s Urban American Adventures brand.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-26-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here