*Isaiah Washington, whose run on “Grey’s Anatomy” ended after cast mates said he had used homophobic slurs, has just finished wrapped production on “Blackbird,” a film in which he plays the sympathetic father of a gay son.
The 50-year-old actor also helped produce the film, which was written and directed by “Noah’s Arc” producer Patrik-Ian Polk.
Washington plays the father of a talented teen singer who is gay and struggling with it in a small Southern Baptist town.
Meanwhile, Washington is getting strong reviews for the Alexander Moors-directed “Blue Caprice,” which premiered at Sundance and gets released this week by IFC.
He recently starred in the SXSW film “They Die By Dawn,” and is also developing a reality-based sports and outdoor adventure show with Wayne Hubbard and Candice Price’s Urban American Adventures brand.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Done Deal: F. Gary Gray Confirmed to Direct ‘Fast & Furious 8’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here