*The younger brother of Jimi Hendrix has given up his long-running legal battle with his step-sister Janie over control of the guitar legend’s estate.
Leon Hendrix was frozen out of his late brother’s inheritance following the death of his father Al in 2002. A legal battle followed, with Leon claiming his stepsister had taken advantage of their sick father to gain sole control of Experience Hendrix LLC, the company which oversees the use of the rock legend’s music, but he failed to convince the courts and has now vowed to give up the fight.
Leon, who struggled with drugs as Hendrix shot to fame and was in prison when the rocker died in 1970, now insists he is at peace after dropping the argument with Janie.
He tells Britain’s The Independent newspaper, “I let it go. I’m not going to let things eat me away. I don’t like that feeling and anxiety. I said, Ok you won, I’ll let it go. I said have a good life… She doesn’t like me. She won’t talk to me… She’s out of my mind. I feel sorry for her.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Chris Brown’s Long Suffering Publicist Quits After He Curses Her Out
- Man 'Pulls Penis Out' to Scan on Self-Service Tray (Yes, He's in Jail)
- Pres. Obama Tries to Name Everyone Who Died on ‘Game of Thrones' - For a Good Cause (Watch)
- Sheila E on Her Prince Tribute for BET and its Emotional Toll
- BET’s Debra Lee on Jesse Williams, D’Angelo’s Absence, Electrocution Concerns for Beyonce, More
- Ludacris to Play Guantanamo Bay on Fourth of July
- Beyoncé's Mama Responds to Those Hating on Bey for Leaving BET Awards
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- 4 Upgrades to Catch the Eye of Luxury Homebuyers
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here