*The younger brother of Jimi Hendrix has given up his long-running legal battle with his step-sister Janie over control of the guitar legend’s estate.
Leon Hendrix was frozen out of his late brother’s inheritance following the death of his father Al in 2002. A legal battle followed, with Leon claiming his stepsister had taken advantage of their sick father to gain sole control of Experience Hendrix LLC, the company which oversees the use of the rock legend’s music, but he failed to convince the courts and has now vowed to give up the fight.
Leon, who struggled with drugs as Hendrix shot to fame and was in prison when the rocker died in 1970, now insists he is at peace after dropping the argument with Janie.
He tells Britain’s The Independent newspaper, “I let it go. I’m not going to let things eat me away. I don’t like that feeling and anxiety. I said, Ok you won, I’ll let it go. I said have a good life… She doesn’t like me. She won’t talk to me… She’s out of my mind. I feel sorry for her.”
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here