*The younger brother of Jimi Hendrix has given up his long-running legal battle with his step-sister Janie over control of the guitar legend’s estate.
Leon Hendrix was frozen out of his late brother’s inheritance following the death of his father Al in 2002. A legal battle followed, with Leon claiming his stepsister had taken advantage of their sick father to gain sole control of Experience Hendrix LLC, the company which oversees the use of the rock legend’s music, but he failed to convince the courts and has now vowed to give up the fight.
Leon, who struggled with drugs as Hendrix shot to fame and was in prison when the rocker died in 1970, now insists he is at peace after dropping the argument with Janie.
He tells Britain’s The Independent newspaper, “I let it go. I’m not going to let things eat me away. I don’t like that feeling and anxiety. I said, Ok you won, I’ll let it go. I said have a good life… She doesn’t like me. She won’t talk to me… She’s out of my mind. I feel sorry for her.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- First Footage & New Character Pics from Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' (Watch)
- Pink Recalls the Time Prince Rejected Her Duet Request: 'I Told Him He Was a Rude F**k'
- New Trailer: Barack and Michelle's First Date in ‘Southside With You’
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Baltimore's Fox45 News Station Evacuated after Bomb Threat
- Tracy Morgan Says Prince Music 'Taught Me How to Be Gentle'
- Viola Davis Inks Production Deal with ABC Studios
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here