*FX is moving some of its popular shows to new sister channel FXX, including its late night offering, “Totally Biased With W. Kamau Bell,” which premiered on the mothership last year.
Executive produced by Chris Rock, the show also expands from weekly to nightly, which Bell finds rather liberating.
“I think Friday was a always a really bad day for us because we had just done the show on Thursday, and Friday we’d sort of show up at the office and some big news story would break, and you’d be, like, ‘Man, we have to hit this.’ And we’d start writing into it, and then by Tuesday we were, like, ‘Oh, this is dead,’ either because other shows have talked about it, or it’s just we are not thinking about it as a culture anymore,” he told TV critics in August at the TCA Summer Press Tour.
“Also the thing about a weekly show is that sometimes you have too much time to think, and you talk yourself out of a dangerous idea that you would have just done if you had to do it that night – not dangerous, but a provocative idea. And so the daily show gives us less sort of more chance to plan but less time to think, which, for comics, less time to think is generally a good thing.”
Bell, who regularly puts his comedic spin on race, says one of his racial pet peeves is when white people attempt to judge what is racist and what is not. Listen below.
“Totally Biased With W. Kamau Bell” debuts Wednesday (Sept. 4) at 11 p.m. on FXX. Click here to find out where FXX is on your cable system. Watch a promo of the new second season below.
Guests booked for first week:
Wednesday, September 4: Jim Gaffigan (Bob’s Burgers)
Thursday, September 5: Tracy Morgan (30 Rock)
Monday, September 9: Chris Rock (Grown Ups 2)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here