*People magazine today revealed that Kerry Washington tops their new list of the world’s best-dressed women.
The “Scandal” star and Emmy nominee, 36, has proved a red-carpet risk-taker, wearing up-and-coming designers and making atypical choices — such as a crystal-covered coral Miu Miu gown for the Oscars. At a pre-Emmys reception on Tuesday, she wore a hot-pink cocktail frock. [See pics.]
Unlike Olivia Pope, her character on ABC’s “Scandal,” Washington says she doesn’t wear many power-broker pantsuits.
“I like to find balance in an outfit where it doesn’t feel too much of any one thing,” she told People of getting it right on the red carpet. “It’s not dressing like a nun and it’s also not dressing like I’m in a swimsuit competition. It’s finding the middle ground.”
In the magazine, Washington is praised for her effortless and glamorous style, while the actress admits she just wants be sensible. She says, “When I go somewhere I want to know I’m going to be comfortable and I’m dressed appropriately for the event. You’re not going to dress the same way at the (President’s) Inaugural Ball as you would at the MTV Movie Awards.”
The actress also reveals she has no interest in overexposing herself on the red carpet by dressing too provocatively. “It just really doesn’t fit my personality,” she said. “I’m not overexposed in my life, and I tend to not be overexposed on the red carpet.”
Meanwhile, Jennifer Lawrence has been handed People magazine’s Best High Fashion Style title, Solange Knowles the Best Risk-Taking Style crown, and Jessica Chastain the Best Red Carpet Style honor. Best Pregnancy Style has gone to new mom Jenna Dewan-Tatum and Emma Stone lands the Best Classic Style nod.
People’s Best and Worst Dressed issue will hit newsstands Friday.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jesse Williams Reminds BET Audience Why He’s #ActivistBae (Watch the Full Speech)
- Watch: This Young Brother Met an 'Angel' at Krogers in Memphis
- Jill Scott Marries Longtime Boyfriend Mike Dobson; He Surprises Her with Big Daddy Kane at Reception (Watch)
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here