*People magazine today revealed that Kerry Washington tops their new list of the world’s best-dressed women.
The “Scandal” star and Emmy nominee, 36, has proved a red-carpet risk-taker, wearing up-and-coming designers and making atypical choices — such as a crystal-covered coral Miu Miu gown for the Oscars. At a pre-Emmys reception on Tuesday, she wore a hot-pink cocktail frock. [See pics.]
Unlike Olivia Pope, her character on ABC’s “Scandal,” Washington says she doesn’t wear many power-broker pantsuits.
“I like to find balance in an outfit where it doesn’t feel too much of any one thing,” she told People of getting it right on the red carpet. “It’s not dressing like a nun and it’s also not dressing like I’m in a swimsuit competition. It’s finding the middle ground.”
In the magazine, Washington is praised for her effortless and glamorous style, while the actress admits she just wants be sensible. She says, “When I go somewhere I want to know I’m going to be comfortable and I’m dressed appropriately for the event. You’re not going to dress the same way at the (President’s) Inaugural Ball as you would at the MTV Movie Awards.”
The actress also reveals she has no interest in overexposing herself on the red carpet by dressing too provocatively. “It just really doesn’t fit my personality,” she said. “I’m not overexposed in my life, and I tend to not be overexposed on the red carpet.”
Meanwhile, Jennifer Lawrence has been handed People magazine’s Best High Fashion Style title, Solange Knowles the Best Risk-Taking Style crown, and Jessica Chastain the Best Red Carpet Style honor. Best Pregnancy Style has gone to new mom Jenna Dewan-Tatum and Emma Stone lands the Best Classic Style nod.
People’s Best and Worst Dressed issue will hit newsstands Friday.
- Instagram’s ‘Hot Gay Dads’ Call it Quits
- Amber Rose Criticized for Teaching Her Baby 'Hood English' (WATCH)
- Mother of Three Killed By Ex-Boyfriend-Baby-Daddy-Gang Member
- Bill Cosby Set to Be Deposed by Sept. 30 in Judy Huth Case
- Late Golf Great Charlie Sifford's Family Stole $1 Million From Him
- Former NBA All Star Vin Baker Training for Starbucks Manager Spot
- The Griswolds Are Back On 'Vacation' (Watch)
- The Second Deadly Assault on Sandra Bland
- Troubling: Two Officers Corroborated Killer Cop's False Account of DuBose Killing
- Audio Interview: Basketball and Art Unite to Inspire Youth Life Skills (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here