*People magazine today revealed that Kerry Washington tops their new list of the world’s best-dressed women.
The “Scandal” star and Emmy nominee, 36, has proved a red-carpet risk-taker, wearing up-and-coming designers and making atypical choices — such as a crystal-covered coral Miu Miu gown for the Oscars. At a pre-Emmys reception on Tuesday, she wore a hot-pink cocktail frock. [See pics.]
Unlike Olivia Pope, her character on ABC’s “Scandal,” Washington says she doesn’t wear many power-broker pantsuits.
“I like to find balance in an outfit where it doesn’t feel too much of any one thing,” she told People of getting it right on the red carpet. “It’s not dressing like a nun and it’s also not dressing like I’m in a swimsuit competition. It’s finding the middle ground.”
In the magazine, Washington is praised for her effortless and glamorous style, while the actress admits she just wants be sensible. She says, “When I go somewhere I want to know I’m going to be comfortable and I’m dressed appropriately for the event. You’re not going to dress the same way at the (President’s) Inaugural Ball as you would at the MTV Movie Awards.”
The actress also reveals she has no interest in overexposing herself on the red carpet by dressing too provocatively. “It just really doesn’t fit my personality,” she said. “I’m not overexposed in my life, and I tend to not be overexposed on the red carpet.”
Meanwhile, Jennifer Lawrence has been handed People magazine’s Best High Fashion Style title, Solange Knowles the Best Risk-Taking Style crown, and Jessica Chastain the Best Red Carpet Style honor. Best Pregnancy Style has gone to new mom Jenna Dewan-Tatum and Emma Stone lands the Best Classic Style nod.
People’s Best and Worst Dressed issue will hit newsstands Friday.
- Rain Pryor Talks Race, Richard Pryor and ‘Fried Chicken & Latkes’
- Exclusive: Dayo Okeniyi Has Pivotal Role in 'Terminator Genysis'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: The Malignant Hate Cancer Took Nine Lives
- Allen West: Confederate Flag is ‘Manufactured Political Crisis’ by Left
- Panel Photos: Beautiful Textures Presents 'Who Wore What,' BET Awards Fashion Recap [Photos]
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here