It’s been almost seven months since Cole’s Twitter insult took the internet by storm. It was in February of this year when Williams reunited with Destiny’s Child members Beyoncé and Kelly Rowland in New Orleans for the halftime show.
Cole tweeted: “I think I was frightened to blink for a sec. Then Michelle sung and woke my a** up from my daze! She always f—king the groove up.”
It wasn’t long before Destiny’s Child’s stans began to bash Cole via social media for her insult. Williams responded to Cole during an interview with a Chicago radio show and denied tweeting an equally cruel response , despite the rumors that she had.
As an ambassador for the National Voices for Equality Education & Enlightenment’s anti-bullying campaign, Williams felt the need to address the tension between them once more during a recent Interview with HuffPost Live:
“I don’t like indifference. I like to get to understandings, I’ll say that,” she said. “Just with anything, I like to get clarity. ‘If I offended you, I’m sorry.’ Or just, ‘Hey, what happened?’ I want to have those moments with anybody that feels a certain way.”
Cole responded by tweeting: “I apologize for the mean things I said, it hurt me when I went to your page and saw what you said during my performance. And that still doesn’t make it okay. I said what I said out of anger. And that’s the absolutely wrong time to say things.”
Williams publicly accepted Cole’s apology via Twitter.
“Apology accepted @KeyshiaCole! We had an amazing conversation and I also say sorry for ANY misunderstandings. I’m so happy this happened.”
Cole’s follow up: “So can you admit to erasing the tweet that was said about me? So people know that anger came from a hurt place malicious?”
So far, at least as of this posting, Williams hasn’t responded.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Steven Ivory: Maurice White’s Forever Hip Place
- Sheryl Lee Ralph: 'Where's My NAACP Image Award?' (WATCH)
- Stevie J Brags to Nick Cannon He Sexed Mariah Carey ... Twice!
- One-Year-Old Dies, After Being Shot in the Face in Compton
- Jay Z's Drug Dealer Past Thrown at Beyonce by TV Host Tomi Lahren
- Former Atlanta Vice Mayor Lisa Borders Named New WNBA President
- Does Bernie Sanders Meeting Al Sharpton Equal More Black Voter Support?
- Author Guarantees 'Boy, Get a Job...' Helps Teens Find Work
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here