Two years after being fined and heavily criticized for using an anti-gay slur, the basketball star is now the slur police.
He scolded one of his Twitter fans for using a homophobic slur against another fan on his site.
After a fan tweeted to another follower, “You’re gay.” Bryant responded to the homophobic slur:
Is that right?
Another fan made sure to remind the Laker guard that he too has been a bad example of being politically correct.
Bryant, who’s rehabbing from a torn Achilles tendon, eventually apologized for that incident and planned to talk to gay-rights groups. He was also fined $100,000 for his bad manners.
In response to the fan who called him out, he owned up to his comments and said, “exactly! That wasn’t cool and was ignorant on my part. I own it and learn from it and expect the same from others.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here