*Many of us know Lawrence Hilton Jacobs from ABC’s “Welcome Back Kotter,” the feature film “Cooley High”, and the mini-series “The Jacksons, An American Dream,” but he’s also a director and a very talented singer and artist.
Hilton-Jacob’s has appeared in a countless number of television series and feature films including “Roots,” “The Jacksons An American Dream”, “Claudine,” “Moesha,” “Hill Street Blues,” and “The Redd Foxx Show” just to name a few.
This well seasoned veteran who’s originally from Brooklyn, New York has been in the business since the early 70’s so it’s no wonder why the likes of Roger Mosley, Richard Roundtree, Angela Gibbs, Art Evans, Richard Gant, Michael Jai White, Zeola Gaye (Marvin’s sister) and so many others all came out to Maverick’s Flat on LA’s Crenshaw Blvd. the other night to help him celebrate his 60th birthday ( folks, this guy looks like he’s 35 or 40).
I asked him how does it feels to be that age, Lawrence replied: “It feels fine, you know I never hid my age my entire life. I take care of myself, at least I try. To hear people say I’m blessed, well I do feel like you’re lucky to keep going forward.”
He’s currently developing a new project in which he’ll be directing and working along side his partner Paul Mason who will be producing a feature film called “Skateboards.”
This was another fantastic “Alumni Night” at Maverick’s hosted by owner Curtis Fralin and G.M. Leon Lewis. Our hats certainly go off to them.
Southern California based Mohammed Mubarak is a portrait artist as well. He can be contacted at [email protected] for your comments.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ben Carson Judges Ore. Shooting Victims: ‘I Wouldn’t Just Stand There and Let Him Shoot Me’
- After 3 Years, Stevie Wonder’s Divorce from Kai Millard Finalized
- Rosie O’Donnell’s Daughter: Mom Left ‘The View’ Over Rift with Whoopi
- 'Black-ish' Ep. 3, 'Dr. Hell No' Highlights Healthcare Fear Among Black Men
- Beyonce, Jay Z Renting $45 Million Mansion, Suing Clothing Retailer
- EUR Goes Behind the Scenes of 'Law & Order: SVU' (Watch)
- Stephon Marbury Blasts MJ for ‘Kids Getting Killed’ Over Air Jordans
- Toddler Chokes to Death After Mother Dies While Feeding Him (Video)
- Damon Dash & Curren$y End $3M Legal Battle with Settlement
- Michael Moore on Hollywood’s Lack of Diversity: ‘A Form of Apartheid’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here