*NBA star LeBron James is taking his talents to Starz.
The Miami Heat player is behind a new half-hour scripted comedy series for the cable network, “that explores an experience that everyone reads about, but few understand – what truly happens when you make it out” of the hood.
Titled “Survivor’s Remorse,” the show will be executive produced by the nine-time NBA All-Star and Olympic Gold medalist alongside Tom Werner, founder of The Carsey-Werner Company (“The Cosby Show,” “Roseanne,” “3rd Rock from the Sun”) and current Chairman of the Boston Red Sox.
In the series, a combination of God-given talent and north Philly grit has allowed Cam Calloway and Reggie Vaughn to achieve fame and fortune that neither could have imagined growing up in one of the toughest neighborhoods in Philadelphia. But success comes with its own challenges, and the cousins and confidantes wrestle with the rewards of money, stardom, love, and occasionally, the guilt of having “made it.”
Joining James and Werner on the project are Mike O’Malley, Maverick Carter and Paul Wachter. James and Carter have been in business with Werner since 2011, when they partnered with Fenway Sports Group (FSG), one of the largest sports, media and entertainment companies in the world. Werner is Chairman of FSG, which owns soccer’s Liverpool Football Club and baseball’s Boston Red Sox. Wachter, a prominent Los Angeles-based financial advisor, has been business partners with James and Carter since 2004 and with Werner since he sold the Padres as Werner’s investment advisor in 1995. Mike O’Malley will serve as executive producer and writer
“I have a deep passion for the amazing television being created right now,” said James. “I love ‘Boardwalk Empire,’ ‘Magic City,’ ‘Scandal’ and ’24.’ When my business partners Tom Werner and Maverick Carter brought up the idea of creating a television series that would capture the story of what happens when you make it out, I jumped at the chance. For Maverick and I even to be where we are right now, given where we came from, is kind of hard to believe. I felt like it was a story that needed to be told, and nobody can craft a story like Tom Werner. He has an incredible vision for television and I’m really excited to partner with him and the rest of our team.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here