During their chat, the rapper and producer talked about the VMAs, gay rumors, the inspiration for the song “Same Love,” meeting through MySpace, and rehab.
Macklemore had just come off a successful night at MTV Video Music Awards this past Sunday; where he won two Moon Men and performed. Although he received much praise for his win and performance for his hit single “Same Love,” he ran into some unexpected backlash on Twitter.
Openly gay rapper and producer Le1f blasted Macklemore on Twitter for ripping off his song “Wut.” He says Macklemore’s “Thrift Shop” sounds dangerously familiar to his song. Le1f also called the rapper out for profiting off the plight of gays with the song “Same Love.”
Le1f questioned Macklemore’s motives asking, “do proceeds go to any gay people? the HRC? Aids foundation? Or does this straight white man keep the money?” Later he tweeted, “News just in: gay people don’t care about your video about gay people.”
The tweets were deleted but thanks to the faithful screen shot ability, the internet got a hold of it. In other posts Le1f does allude to discovering that Macklemore did, in fact, donate to gay-rights organizations.
Watch Macklemore and Ryan Lewis on Chelsea:
- 'WAGS' Star Autumn Ajirotutu on Why She’s Not a Gold-Digger
- Did Enquirer Pay Nick Gordon $40K to Visit Bobbi Kristina’s Grave?
- George Zimmerman Calls Pres. Obama ‘Ignorant Baboon’ in Twitter Rant Over WDBJ Shootings
- Former NBA Star Darryl Dawkins (Chocolate Thunder) Dies at 58
- Chris Brown Tattoos Huge Bull on Other Side of his Head
- Judge Joe Brown in Jail for Contempt of Court (Listen to Him Challenge the Judge)
- Christina Milian Mourns Death of Newborn Nephew
- Spike Lee to Receive Honorary Academy Award
- IK Enemkpali Once Punched Man He Thought Was a Female Prostitute
- Hillary Clinton Disrupted by #BlackLivesMatter Protesters in Cleveland (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here