*The development of a film about the life of the late Marvin Gaye has always been a thorny issue for the Gaye family.
And as far as Gaye’s ex-wife Janis is concerned, it an especially contentious matter. She’s been trying to develop her own version of a Marvin Gaye film for years also.
Well, despite the foregoing, the biopic, “Sexual Healing,” starring Jesse L. Martin, is in production and a first-look trailer surfaced online yesterday. One can only wonder what the Gaye family’s reaction to it is.
Directed by Julien Temple and also starring S. Epatha Merkerson (as Marvin Gaye’s mother, Alberta Cooper Gay), the film chronicles Gaye’s life during the 1980s prior to his untimely demise.
Look for the highly-anticipated biopic’s release to coincide with the 30th anniversary of the icon’s death on April 1, 2014.
Check out a sneak peek of “Sexual Healing” in the clip below.
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here