*The development of a film about the life of the late Marvin Gaye has always been a thorny issue for the Gaye family.
And as far as Gaye’s ex-wife Janis is concerned, it an especially contentious matter. She’s been trying to develop her own version of a Marvin Gaye film for years also.
Well, despite the foregoing, the biopic, “Sexual Healing,” starring Jesse L. Martin, is in production and a first-look trailer surfaced online yesterday. One can only wonder what the Gaye family’s reaction to it is.
Directed by Julien Temple and also starring S. Epatha Merkerson (as Marvin Gaye’s mother, Alberta Cooper Gay), the film chronicles Gaye’s life during the 1980s prior to his untimely demise.
Look for the highly-anticipated biopic’s release to coincide with the 30th anniversary of the icon’s death on April 1, 2014.
Check out a sneak peek of “Sexual Healing” in the clip below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here