*The development of a film about the life of the late Marvin Gaye has always been a thorny issue for the Gaye family.
And as far as Gaye’s ex-wife Janis is concerned, it an especially contentious matter. She’s been trying to develop her own version of a Marvin Gaye film for years also.
Well, despite the foregoing, the biopic, “Sexual Healing,” starring Jesse L. Martin, is in production and a first-look trailer surfaced online yesterday. One can only wonder what the Gaye family’s reaction to it is.
Directed by Julien Temple and also starring S. Epatha Merkerson (as Marvin Gaye’s mother, Alberta Cooper Gay), the film chronicles Gaye’s life during the 1980s prior to his untimely demise.
Look for the highly-anticipated biopic’s release to coincide with the 30th anniversary of the icon’s death on April 1, 2014.
Check out a sneak peek of “Sexual Healing” in the clip below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here