*The development of a film about the life of the late Marvin Gaye has always been a thorny issue for the Gaye family.
And as far as Gaye’s ex-wife Janis is concerned, it an especially contentious matter. She’s been trying to develop her own version of a Marvin Gaye film for years also.
Well, despite the foregoing, the biopic, “Sexual Healing,” starring Jesse L. Martin, is in production and a first-look trailer surfaced online yesterday. One can only wonder what the Gaye family’s reaction to it is.
Directed by Julien Temple and also starring S. Epatha Merkerson (as Marvin Gaye’s mother, Alberta Cooper Gay), the film chronicles Gaye’s life during the 1980s prior to his untimely demise.
Look for the highly-anticipated biopic’s release to coincide with the 30th anniversary of the icon’s death on April 1, 2014.
Check out a sneak peek of “Sexual Healing” in the clip below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here