*The development of a film about the life of the late Marvin Gaye has always been a thorny issue for the Gaye family.
And as far as Gaye’s ex-wife Janis is concerned, it an especially contentious matter. She’s been trying to develop her own version of a Marvin Gaye film for years also.
Well, despite the foregoing, the biopic, “Sexual Healing,” starring Jesse L. Martin, is in production and a first-look trailer surfaced online yesterday. One can only wonder what the Gaye family’s reaction to it is.
Directed by Julien Temple and also starring S. Epatha Merkerson (as Marvin Gaye’s mother, Alberta Cooper Gay), the film chronicles Gaye’s life during the 1980s prior to his untimely demise.
Look for the highly-anticipated biopic’s release to coincide with the 30th anniversary of the icon’s death on April 1, 2014.
Check out a sneak peek of “Sexual Healing” in the clip below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Blac Chyna, Rob Kardashian Confirm Pregnancy with Baby Bump Emoji
- Elise Neal, Eriq LaSalle Join Hugh Jackman in ‘Wolverine 3’
- La La Anthony, Monica Calhoun, Yvette Nicole Brown Join BET’s 'New Edition: The Movie'
- DJ Kool Herc Sues HBO’s ‘Vinyl’ for Using His Identity
- Stacii Jae Johnson Writes the Book on Dating Lots of Men
- Former ‘American Idol’ Finalist Rickey Smith Killed in Car Accident
- Ciara Gets Back at Future: She'll Grill Him Under Oath in Court
- Did Katherine Jackson Pressure Janet to Have Baby at 50?
- Not Impressed: Man Reads Book at Beyonce Concert (WATCH)
- White Woman (Samantha Niemann) Sues Diversity Program for 'Discrimination'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here