According to WFTV 9 (Orlando) , Bao is planning to file a $100 million lawsuit in the case.
During Zimmerman’s trial, Bao’s testimony raised quite a few eyebrows.
“I believe it is my opinion that Trayvon Martin was in a lot of pain, and that he was suffering,” Bao said July 5 during testimony in the Zimmerman trial.
Bao took the stand and changed up his testimony about vital statements he’d made. He explained that he had changed his mind on Martin being alive for only three minutes after the shooting.
“I believe he was alive one to 10 minutes after he was shot. His heart was beating until there was no blood left,” Bao said.
Well now Dr. Bao has announced that his attorney is preparing a $100 million lawsuit with claims that the medical examiner, state attorney’s office, and Sanford Police Department were all biased against Martin.
“He says their general attitude was that he got what he deserved,” Attorney Willie Gary told Channel 9.
According to Gary, Bao was made to be a scapegoat and was wrongfully fired from the medical examiner’s office. He said his client was prepared to offer proof that Martin was not the aggressor.
“He was in essence told to zip his lips. ‘Shut up. Don’t say those things,'” Gary said.
Gary said prosecutors never asked Dr. Bao a question crucial to their case.
“He wanted a question that would have allowed him to explain to the jury with scientific evidence how there was no way Trayvon Martin could have been on top of George Zimmerman,” Attorney Gary said.
Gary said that question never came.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here