*(NEW YORK, NY) — Just a few short months ago, ethnic beauty veteran, Brian K. Marks, partnered with his wife, Nene Marks, to introduce Nene’s Secret hair collection.
To date, Nene’s Secret has been well received by consumers, is currently available nationwide in beauty supply stores and has been approved by some of the largest chain stores in America. Nonetheless, there is one thing plaguing the company, the perpetual confusion of its owner being reality television personality, Nene Leakes.
Nene Marks recently penned an open letter to her social media audience as a call to action. She wrote,
“I’m the real Nene! She’s the other Nene. I am constantly being asked if Nene’s Secret has anything to do with Nene Leakes of the Real Housewives franchise. I’m a busy mother of four and businesswoman who rarely watches television and I do not read tabloids. Honestly I’ve never even heard of Nene Leakes until people started to ask daily if Nene’s Secret was her company. So let’s set the record straight. I’m the real Nene and Nene’s Secret was created by my husband and I. I wish Nene Leakes good luck and continued success.”
With over 40,000 views of the letter, Nene hopes that her call to action will help spread the word and affirm that Nene’s Secret is a quality brand, created and developed by experienced manufacturers, and not just another product being hawked by a reality star. Collectively, the couple’s former mega brands, African Pride and Dr. Miracle’s have sold over one billion dollars at retail prior to being sold to Revlon and a private equity firm, respectively.
Armed with a 30-year track record, Nene’s mission is simple. “My goal is to bring consumers the world’s greatest hair care products!”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here