*(NEW YORK, NY) — Just a few short months ago, ethnic beauty veteran, Brian K. Marks, partnered with his wife, Nene Marks, to introduce Nene’s Secret hair collection.
To date, Nene’s Secret has been well received by consumers, is currently available nationwide in beauty supply stores and has been approved by some of the largest chain stores in America. Nonetheless, there is one thing plaguing the company, the perpetual confusion of its owner being reality television personality, Nene Leakes.
Nene Marks recently penned an open letter to her social media audience as a call to action. She wrote,
“I’m the real Nene! She’s the other Nene. I am constantly being asked if Nene’s Secret has anything to do with Nene Leakes of the Real Housewives franchise. I’m a busy mother of four and businesswoman who rarely watches television and I do not read tabloids. Honestly I’ve never even heard of Nene Leakes until people started to ask daily if Nene’s Secret was her company. So let’s set the record straight. I’m the real Nene and Nene’s Secret was created by my husband and I. I wish Nene Leakes good luck and continued success.”
With over 40,000 views of the letter, Nene hopes that her call to action will help spread the word and affirm that Nene’s Secret is a quality brand, created and developed by experienced manufacturers, and not just another product being hawked by a reality star. Collectively, the couple’s former mega brands, African Pride and Dr. Miracle’s have sold over one billion dollars at retail prior to being sold to Revlon and a private equity firm, respectively.
Armed with a 30-year track record, Nene’s mission is simple. “My goal is to bring consumers the world’s greatest hair care products!”
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here