*(NEW YORK, NY) — Just a few short months ago, ethnic beauty veteran, Brian K. Marks, partnered with his wife, Nene Marks, to introduce Nene’s Secret hair collection.
To date, Nene’s Secret has been well received by consumers, is currently available nationwide in beauty supply stores and has been approved by some of the largest chain stores in America. Nonetheless, there is one thing plaguing the company, the perpetual confusion of its owner being reality television personality, Nene Leakes.
Nene Marks recently penned an open letter to her social media audience as a call to action. She wrote,
“I’m the real Nene! She’s the other Nene. I am constantly being asked if Nene’s Secret has anything to do with Nene Leakes of the Real Housewives franchise. I’m a busy mother of four and businesswoman who rarely watches television and I do not read tabloids. Honestly I’ve never even heard of Nene Leakes until people started to ask daily if Nene’s Secret was her company. So let’s set the record straight. I’m the real Nene and Nene’s Secret was created by my husband and I. I wish Nene Leakes good luck and continued success.”
With over 40,000 views of the letter, Nene hopes that her call to action will help spread the word and affirm that Nene’s Secret is a quality brand, created and developed by experienced manufacturers, and not just another product being hawked by a reality star. Collectively, the couple’s former mega brands, African Pride and Dr. Miracle’s have sold over one billion dollars at retail prior to being sold to Revlon and a private equity firm, respectively.
Armed with a 30-year track record, Nene’s mission is simple. “My goal is to bring consumers the world’s greatest hair care products!”
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here