*(NEW YORK, NY) — Just a few short months ago, ethnic beauty veteran, Brian K. Marks, partnered with his wife, Nene Marks, to introduce Nene’s Secret hair collection.
To date, Nene’s Secret has been well received by consumers, is currently available nationwide in beauty supply stores and has been approved by some of the largest chain stores in America. Nonetheless, there is one thing plaguing the company, the perpetual confusion of its owner being reality television personality, Nene Leakes.
Nene Marks recently penned an open letter to her social media audience as a call to action. She wrote,
“I’m the real Nene! She’s the other Nene. I am constantly being asked if Nene’s Secret has anything to do with Nene Leakes of the Real Housewives franchise. I’m a busy mother of four and businesswoman who rarely watches television and I do not read tabloids. Honestly I’ve never even heard of Nene Leakes until people started to ask daily if Nene’s Secret was her company. So let’s set the record straight. I’m the real Nene and Nene’s Secret was created by my husband and I. I wish Nene Leakes good luck and continued success.”
With over 40,000 views of the letter, Nene hopes that her call to action will help spread the word and affirm that Nene’s Secret is a quality brand, created and developed by experienced manufacturers, and not just another product being hawked by a reality star. Collectively, the couple’s former mega brands, African Pride and Dr. Miracle’s have sold over one billion dollars at retail prior to being sold to Revlon and a private equity firm, respectively.
Armed with a 30-year track record, Nene’s mission is simple. “My goal is to bring consumers the world’s greatest hair care products!”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here