*Eagles quarterback Michael Vick was scheduled for an autograph signing at Buffalo Wild Wings in York, Pa but the event was cancelled after the owner received death threats.
According to Joe Bartolo, the owner, the signing was postponed after several death threats were made against him, his wife Jamie, the owners of JJ Cards N Toys and their family for putting together Vick’s appearance in October at a local Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant, according to Local21News.com.
Apparently those who made the threats were furious with Bartolo for bringing Vick to the area. As you may recall, Vick served an 19 month sentence for running an illegal dog fighting ring. Bartolo reported that the threats were coming in from various parts of the country and was forced to shut down the store’s Facebook page.
Vick had to cancel two other public appearances in the past due to death threats including his booking in Atlanta and Philadelphia back in March.
Last October, Vick admitted to owning a dog, and got similar backlash about it. Here was his statement at the time:
“I understand the strong emotions by some people about our family’s decision to care for a pet. As a father, it is important to make sure my children develop a healthy relationship with animals. I want to ensure that my children establish a loving bond and treat all of God’s creatures with kindness and respect. Our pet is well cared for and loved as a member of our family. This is an opportunity to break the cycle. To that end, I will continue to honor my commitment to animal welfare and be an instrument of positive change.”
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here