*Eagles quarterback Michael Vick was scheduled for an autograph signing at Buffalo Wild Wings in York, Pa but the event was cancelled after the owner received death threats.
According to Joe Bartolo, the owner, the signing was postponed after several death threats were made against him, his wife Jamie, the owners of JJ Cards N Toys and their family for putting together Vick’s appearance in October at a local Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant, according to Local21News.com.
Apparently those who made the threats were furious with Bartolo for bringing Vick to the area. As you may recall, Vick served an 19 month sentence for running an illegal dog fighting ring. Bartolo reported that the threats were coming in from various parts of the country and was forced to shut down the store’s Facebook page.
Vick had to cancel two other public appearances in the past due to death threats including his booking in Atlanta and Philadelphia back in March.
Last October, Vick admitted to owning a dog, and got similar backlash about it. Here was his statement at the time:
“I understand the strong emotions by some people about our family’s decision to care for a pet. As a father, it is important to make sure my children develop a healthy relationship with animals. I want to ensure that my children establish a loving bond and treat all of God’s creatures with kindness and respect. Our pet is well cared for and loved as a member of our family. This is an opportunity to break the cycle. To that end, I will continue to honor my commitment to animal welfare and be an instrument of positive change.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Baby Fat Shamed As 'Stuff Curry' Becomes Internet Favorite
- PA Judge Rules Bill Cosby Trial Can Proceed on All Charges
- Prince Fans Confused After Minnesota Declares ‘Beyonce Day’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here