*Last week former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney announced that he had a new addition to his family.
Romney posted a picture on Twitter with the caption,n“Our 22nd grandchild was officially adopted today: Kieran James Romney. cc: @AnnDRomney.”
The picture was of an adorable African American baby who was adopted by Romney’s second youngest son Ben and his wife Andelynne.
Now here’s where things get interesting. Apparently the name Kieran means “little dark one” in Gaelic. The name is pretty common in Ireland, which translates to “black” or “dark.”
Back in July 23, 2013, Romney tweeted, “Our Josh and Jen also had a new baby boy yesterday. I feel royally blessed. #22”
While the Romney family is Mormon, the politician’s oldest son, Tag, and his wife had twin boys by way of a surrogate mother. The Mormon Church frowns upon surrogacy but does not forbid it.
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- NeNe Leakes Announces She's Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Child Dies on Father's Day After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car to Go Drinking
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here