*Last week former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney announced that he had a new addition to his family.
Romney posted a picture on Twitter with the caption,n“Our 22nd grandchild was officially adopted today: Kieran James Romney. cc: @AnnDRomney.”
The picture was of an adorable African American baby who was adopted by Romney’s second youngest son Ben and his wife Andelynne.
Now here’s where things get interesting. Apparently the name Kieran means “little dark one” in Gaelic. The name is pretty common in Ireland, which translates to “black” or “dark.”
Back in July 23, 2013, Romney tweeted, “Our Josh and Jen also had a new baby boy yesterday. I feel royally blessed. #22”
While the Romney family is Mormon, the politician’s oldest son, Tag, and his wife had twin boys by way of a surrogate mother. The Mormon Church frowns upon surrogacy but does not forbid it.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- You Can Purchase 'Boycott Beyoncé' Shirts at 'Formation' Tour
- R.Kelly Accused of Screwing Promoter Out of $500k
- W. Kamau Bell Screens 'United Shades of America' in Atlanta
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here