*Last week former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney announced that he had a new addition to his family.
Romney posted a picture on Twitter with the caption,n“Our 22nd grandchild was officially adopted today: Kieran James Romney. cc: @AnnDRomney.”
The picture was of an adorable African American baby who was adopted by Romney’s second youngest son Ben and his wife Andelynne.
Now here’s where things get interesting. Apparently the name Kieran means “little dark one” in Gaelic. The name is pretty common in Ireland, which translates to “black” or “dark.”
Back in July 23, 2013, Romney tweeted, “Our Josh and Jen also had a new baby boy yesterday. I feel royally blessed. #22”
While the Romney family is Mormon, the politician’s oldest son, Tag, and his wife had twin boys by way of a surrogate mother. The Mormon Church frowns upon surrogacy but does not forbid it.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- George Zimmerman Brags About Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here