*Last week former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney announced that he had a new addition to his family.
Romney posted a picture on Twitter with the caption,n“Our 22nd grandchild was officially adopted today: Kieran James Romney. cc: @AnnDRomney.”
The picture was of an adorable African American baby who was adopted by Romney’s second youngest son Ben and his wife Andelynne.
Now here’s where things get interesting. Apparently the name Kieran means “little dark one” in Gaelic. The name is pretty common in Ireland, which translates to “black” or “dark.”
Back in July 23, 2013, Romney tweeted, “Our Josh and Jen also had a new baby boy yesterday. I feel royally blessed. #22”
While the Romney family is Mormon, the politician’s oldest son, Tag, and his wife had twin boys by way of a surrogate mother. The Mormon Church frowns upon surrogacy but does not forbid it.
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here