*Last week former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney announced that he had a new addition to his family.
Romney posted a picture on Twitter with the caption,n“Our 22nd grandchild was officially adopted today: Kieran James Romney. cc: @AnnDRomney.”
The picture was of an adorable African American baby who was adopted by Romney’s second youngest son Ben and his wife Andelynne.
Now here’s where things get interesting. Apparently the name Kieran means “little dark one” in Gaelic. The name is pretty common in Ireland, which translates to “black” or “dark.”
Back in July 23, 2013, Romney tweeted, “Our Josh and Jen also had a new baby boy yesterday. I feel royally blessed. #22”
While the Romney family is Mormon, the politician’s oldest son, Tag, and his wife had twin boys by way of a surrogate mother. The Mormon Church frowns upon surrogacy but does not forbid it.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Martin Shkreli Offers $10M for Kanye's New 'The Life of Pablo' Album
- The Film Strip: Katie Holmes Tackles Mental Illness in 'Touched by Fire’
- Trump Sticker Causes Heated Interaction Between St. John’s University Students
- Raven-Symoné Reacts to Getting Shoved Out of the Way For Kendall Jenner
- DC Black Entrepreneur Debuts Internship Matchmaker Service
- THE (02-12-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here