*There was a period of time last year when Oprah Winfrey became completely overwhelmed. She was dealing with her then-“struggling network,” as she calls it, and at the same time, she was shooting, “Lee Daniels’ The Butler.”
The juggle proved too intense for Winfrey, she admits in a new Access Hollywood interview. Those reports that she endured signs of a nervous breakdown as a result? “That is true,” she says.
The emotional epiphany came to her last fall, when she was interviewing Kony 2012 director Jason Russell, whose own running-naked-in-the-streets-of-San-Diego meltdown went viral earlier that year.
“I was sitting and listening to Jason Russell describe his symptoms. … Saying, ‘Um, this sounds pretty familiar to me.'”
What were the symptoms?
“In the beginning, it was just sort of speeding and a kind of numbness and going from one thing to the next thing to the next thing. I will tell you when I realized that I thought, ‘All right, if I don’t calm down I’m gonna be in serious trouble.’ I was in the middle of doing voiceovers, you know? And I remember closing my eyes in between each page because looking at the page and the words at the same time was too much stimulation for my brain.”
A couple of weeks later, while interviewing Fergie, Oprah realized she was ready to regain control of her life.
“I mean, I wasn’t ready to go run naked in the streets. Let’s make that very clear. But I had reached a point where I just couldn’t take in any more stimulation. OK? That’s what I meant by that.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Remodeling Your Home: The Risks You Need to Know
- THE (05-02-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here