*Oprah Winfrey is keeping “Lee Daniels’ The Butler” in the family.
Her cable channel OWN announced today that it has secured network television rights to the film in which she stars alongside Forest Whitaker.
OWN has licensed the first broadcast window behind pay television beginning in 2017. The critically acclaimed Weinstein Company film, which opened nationwide on Friday, August 16, spent three straight weekends at No. 1 and recently surpassed $100 million at the box office.
“OWN is the ideal broadcast home for this film, which has had such a tremendous response from theatrical audiences,” commented The Weinstein Company Co-Chairman Harvey Weinstein. “It’s been an honor to work alongside Oprah Winfrey, whose performance and support on the picture have been second to none, and we’re thrilled that her network has come on board.”
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here