*The killing of Pastor Ronald J. Harris Sr. while he was preaching must have been beyond horrible to witness.
It happened Friday night in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Pastor Harris was delivering the word to a crowd of over 60 people at a revival service when he was shot. The man who did the shooting has been arrested.
The incident happened around 8:20pm Friday at Tabernacle of Praise Worship Center, according to Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers on Saturday.
Among the people inside the church when the shooting happened, was the victim’s wife, Chief Deputy Stitch Guillory said. As of now authorities have no information on a motive or on whether the two men knew each other, Myers said.
The gunman, identified as Woodrow Karey (pictured below), walked into the church and shot Pastor Harris “as he was preaching,” said Myers. Harris was pronounced dead at the scene.
Karey, 53, of Lake Charles is charged with second-degree murder and is being held in the parish jail. Karey’s bond has been set at $1 million.
After the shooting, Karey fled the church, but called the Sheriff’s Office and surrendered without incident.
Family members who answered the telephone Saturday at the Harris home in Lake Charles said there would be no comment.
There was no answer at a telephone listing for Karey or at Tabernacle of Praise.
- BET Awards Fashion on Fleek (Watch)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Shocking Radiation Experiments on Black Children Left Holes in Head (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o Joins the Fight Against Elephant Poaching
- Tiger Woods in Denial Mode About Affair with Fellow Golfer’s Ex-Wife
- Jesse Jackson Blasts Twitter for Lack of Black and Minority Employees
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Red, White, and Bruised: Decades of Mistreatment Spark Anti-Patriotic Outrage Among Black Americans
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here