*The killing of Pastor Ronald J. Harris Sr. while he was preaching must have been beyond horrible to witness.
It happened Friday night in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Pastor Harris was delivering the word to a crowd of over 60 people at a revival service when he was shot. The man who did the shooting has been arrested.
The incident happened around 8:20pm Friday at Tabernacle of Praise Worship Center, according to Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers on Saturday.
Among the people inside the church when the shooting happened, was the victim’s wife, Chief Deputy Stitch Guillory said. As of now authorities have no information on a motive or on whether the two men knew each other, Myers said.
The gunman, identified as Woodrow Karey (pictured below), walked into the church and shot Pastor Harris “as he was preaching,” said Myers. Harris was pronounced dead at the scene.
Karey, 53, of Lake Charles is charged with second-degree murder and is being held in the parish jail. Karey’s bond has been set at $1 million.
After the shooting, Karey fled the church, but called the Sheriff’s Office and surrendered without incident.
Family members who answered the telephone Saturday at the Harris home in Lake Charles said there would be no comment.
There was no answer at a telephone listing for Karey or at Tabernacle of Praise.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here