*The killing of Pastor Ronald J. Harris Sr. while he was preaching must have been beyond horrible to witness.
It happened Friday night in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Pastor Harris was delivering the word to a crowd of over 60 people at a revival service when he was shot. The man who did the shooting has been arrested.
The incident happened around 8:20pm Friday at Tabernacle of Praise Worship Center, according to Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers on Saturday.
Among the people inside the church when the shooting happened, was the victim’s wife, Chief Deputy Stitch Guillory said. As of now authorities have no information on a motive or on whether the two men knew each other, Myers said.
The gunman, identified as Woodrow Karey (pictured below), walked into the church and shot Pastor Harris “as he was preaching,” said Myers. Harris was pronounced dead at the scene.
Karey, 53, of Lake Charles is charged with second-degree murder and is being held in the parish jail. Karey’s bond has been set at $1 million.
After the shooting, Karey fled the church, but called the Sheriff’s Office and surrendered without incident.
Family members who answered the telephone Saturday at the Harris home in Lake Charles said there would be no comment.
There was no answer at a telephone listing for Karey or at Tabernacle of Praise.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oprah Winfrey Ready for ‘Greenleaf’ Backlash; Warns T.D. Jakes of Possible Comparisons
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Lawyers in Jerry Heller Case Want Judge to Watch Entire Film for Context
- If You're the Mother of a Teen Girl, You'll Want to Know About This
- Michael Jace Told Wife Before Shooting Her, ‘If You Like Running, Then Run To Heaven’, Son Testifies
- John Legend’s ‘Granny’ Meets Great Granddaughter Luna Simone (Pic)
- EUR Exclusive! Tyler Perry in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Clip #TMNT2 (WATCH)
- Prince Sax Player Joins FAMU Wind Symphony for Beautiful 'Purple Rain' Performance (Watch)
- Grad Party Cancels T.I. Gig after Shooting; Wants $55,000 Payment Back
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here