*During press rounds for the upcoming – highly anticipated film “Baggage Claim” – one journalist made the mistake of likening writer/director David E. Talbertand his casting choices to that of another successful black filmmaker and playwright, Tyler Perry saying, “I think you need to thank Tyler Perry because 90% of your cast pops up in Tyler’s work all the time and you managed to get them all hired in between doing something for him.”
While “Baggage Claim” boasts an essentially all-black cast, with the exception of the uber talented actor Adam Brody – star Paula Pattondidn’t mince words when she set the record straight about meshing all black filmmakers into one category.
“He didn’t get dressed as a woman so that helped him separate himself! No disrespect I’m just saying let’s let David E. Talbert be David E. Talbert all by himself. I have much respect for Tyler Perry … much respect…”
Listen to the entire quote here:
Baggage Claim starring Paula Patton, Derek Luke, Jill Scott and more hits theaters September 27.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here