*During press rounds for the upcoming – highly anticipated film “Baggage Claim” – one journalist made the mistake of likening writer/director David E. Talbertand his casting choices to that of another successful black filmmaker and playwright, Tyler Perry saying, “I think you need to thank Tyler Perry because 90% of your cast pops up in Tyler’s work all the time and you managed to get them all hired in between doing something for him.”
While “Baggage Claim” boasts an essentially all-black cast, with the exception of the uber talented actor Adam Brody – star Paula Pattondidn’t mince words when she set the record straight about meshing all black filmmakers into one category.
“He didn’t get dressed as a woman so that helped him separate himself! No disrespect I’m just saying let’s let David E. Talbert be David E. Talbert all by himself. I have much respect for Tyler Perry … much respect…”
Listen to the entire quote here:
Baggage Claim starring Paula Patton, Derek Luke, Jill Scott and more hits theaters September 27.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lionel Richie Trying to Get Oscar Attention for 'Tuskegee Airmen' Doc (Trailer)
- 50 Cent Files $75M Lawsuit Against Law Firm for Poor Representation
- Valentino’s African-Inspired Runway Show Has No African Models; Twitter Gives Side-Eye
- Man Fired After Online Racist Jokes Erupt from Selfie (with 'Slave')
- Judge Won’t Dismiss Molestation Lawsuit Against Bill Cosby; Yale Won't Rescind his Honorary Degree
- Nicki Minaj Calls Out Miley Cyrus on her Cultural Appropriation Insensitivity: 'You Have Some Big Balls'
- Victor Cruz’s Fiancée Sends Group Text to All of His Mistresses: Report
- Ben Carson Judges Ore. Shooting Victims: ‘I Wouldn’t Just Stand There and Let Him Shoot Me’
- After 3 Years, Stevie Wonder’s Divorce from Kai Millard Finalized
- Rosie O’Donnell’s Daughter: Mom Left ‘The View’ Over Rift with Whoopi
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here