*Lake Mary, Fla., police chief Steve Bracknell has distanced himself from comments he made in a response to an email from a town resident who was upset that George Zimmerman has not been charged with any crimes following an altercation Monday with his estranged wife and her father. In a Sept. 10 response to Lake Mary resident Santiago Rodriguez’s strongly-worded emails, which called Zimmerman “a ticking time bomb… [and] a Sandy Hook [or] Aurora waiting to happen,” Bracknell initially replied “I agree.” On Thursday, WTSP reported that the chief walked back his comments about Zimmerman. “Chief Bracknell distanced himself saying he was ‘referring to the fact that [Zimmerman] seems to be involved in incidents’ involving firearms,” the station reported. In a 911 call placed Monday, Zimmerman’s wife, Shellie, can be heard telling the operator that her estranged husband smashed an iPad and punched her father in the nose. Neither Shellie Zimmerman nor her father have pressed charges over the incident. “Florida law does not permit us to make an arrest [if no charges are brought],” Bracknell wrote. “No victim, no crime.” View the Rodriguez’s emails to Chief Bracknell below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here