*Lake Mary, Fla., police chief Steve Bracknell has distanced himself from comments he made in a response to an email from a town resident who was upset that George Zimmerman has not been charged with any crimes following an altercation Monday with his estranged wife and her father. In a Sept. 10 response to Lake Mary resident Santiago Rodriguez’s strongly-worded emails, which called Zimmerman “a ticking time bomb… [and] a Sandy Hook [or] Aurora waiting to happen,” Bracknell initially replied “I agree.” On Thursday, WTSP reported that the chief walked back his comments about Zimmerman. “Chief Bracknell distanced himself saying he was ‘referring to the fact that [Zimmerman] seems to be involved in incidents’ involving firearms,” the station reported. In a 911 call placed Monday, Zimmerman’s wife, Shellie, can be heard telling the operator that her estranged husband smashed an iPad and punched her father in the nose. Neither Shellie Zimmerman nor her father have pressed charges over the incident. “Florida law does not permit us to make an arrest [if no charges are brought],” Bracknell wrote. “No victim, no crime.” View the Rodriguez’s emails to Chief Bracknell below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here