While serving at a Tennessee Red Lobster, Jenkins says Devin Barnes signed his receipt with the n-word and she posted a photo of it to her Facebook page.
The photo included the caption, “This is what I got as a tip last night… so happy to live in the proud southern states…God Bless America, land of the free and home of the low class racists of Tennessee.”
In the picture the word “none” was written on the tip line and “Ni**er” on the total line.
Barnes does admit to writing “none” on the tip line but claims he left the total line blank.
“He’s just not that type of individual,” Richard Dugger, Barnes’ attorney said. “He doesn’t speak that way.”
The receipt posted to Jenkins FB page included Barnes’ name, signature and part of his card number online.
“I’ve never had to deal with that before,” Jenkins said, standing by her initial report that the slur was there when she got the receipt.
In a handwritten statement, Barnes wrote: “I do not approve of the use of that type of talk, not now or ever!”
According to Dugger, Barnes continues to receive threats over Jenkins’ post, even though he maintains his innocence.
“Whoever put that on that receipt was very wrong,” Dugger said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here