While serving at a Tennessee Red Lobster, Jenkins says Devin Barnes signed his receipt with the n-word and she posted a photo of it to her Facebook page.
The photo included the caption, “This is what I got as a tip last night… so happy to live in the proud southern states…God Bless America, land of the free and home of the low class racists of Tennessee.”
In the picture the word “none” was written on the tip line and “Ni**er” on the total line.
Barnes does admit to writing “none” on the tip line but claims he left the total line blank.
“He’s just not that type of individual,” Richard Dugger, Barnes’ attorney said. “He doesn’t speak that way.”
The receipt posted to Jenkins FB page included Barnes’ name, signature and part of his card number online.
“I’ve never had to deal with that before,” Jenkins said, standing by her initial report that the slur was there when she got the receipt.
In a handwritten statement, Barnes wrote: “I do not approve of the use of that type of talk, not now or ever!”
According to Dugger, Barnes continues to receive threats over Jenkins’ post, even though he maintains his innocence.
“Whoever put that on that receipt was very wrong,” Dugger said.
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Pitbull Announces Date of His ‘Empire’ Episode and Jussie Smollett Duet (Listen)
- Watch Chilling New Trailer for Idris Elba’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Dennis Haysbert to Voice NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ Intro
- 50 Cent On Verge of Getting Electricity Shut Off?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here