*So after Red Lobster waitress Toni Christina Jenkins posted the receipt that a customer left with the N-word on it to her Facebook page, she says she got reprimanded from her bosses when she returned to work Thursday.
“They wanted me to sign something that said I understand that I violated company policy by posting the picture,” Toni Christina Jenkins, a 19-year-old nursing student, told the NY Daily News.
The receipt in question, that read “Tip . . . . . none. Total . . . N—-r,” was left Saturday after Jenkins served two customers at the Red Lobster where she works in Franklin, Tenn.
“I felt like I got kicked in the stomach. It was hard to receive,” she said. “Initially, I just put it by the wayside. The manager said, ‘You didn’t do anything to deserve that so don’t let it get to you.'”
Jenkins said when she posted the receipt she didn’t expect it to go viral.
“It wasn’t to get back at the gentleman,” Jenkins said. “I knew his signature was there, but I didn’t know his actual name was printed on the receipt. My intention wasn’t to attack the guy.”
The customer, who’s name is Devin Barnes, did recently admit to signing “none” on the tip line but denied writing the racial epithet.
“I do not approve of the use of that type of talk, not now or ever!!!” Barnes said.
As we reported, Barnes’ attorney, Richard Dugger, told NBC News that the young man is innocent and someone else is to blame for the disturbing language.
“Whoever put that on that receipt was very wrong,” Dugger said.
Both Jenkins and Barnes said they have gotten threats since the incident made national headlines. Jenkins is far from angry with Barnes now and even said that she would hug him if given the opportunity.
“I can only imagine what he’s going through because he’s on the other end. I don’t wish anything bad against him at all,” she said.
Jenkins, who lives with her parents, said that she is working at Red Lobster to save up enough money for a car.
“I don’t want anymore drama in my life,” she said. “I just want to go to work, get the money for a car and go to school. … That’s all.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-27-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here