Actually it was his fingers typing out crazy tweets about sleeping with Nicki Minaj, Fantasia, Ciara, Monica and other female celebrities as opposed to his mouth.
Either way it earned him a one way ticket OFF Atlantic Records.
“He’s not with Atlantic anymore,” an anonymous former rep tells FADER exclusively over email. Atlantic has kept Gucci on a long leash since inheriting his 1017 Brick Squad imprint from Warner last year. In June, Gucci told FADER: “I’m basically an independent label with 1017 Brick Squad. I handle all my day to day business. The entire Trap House 3 album—I paid for every beat on that CD. I paid for every mix session, every mastering session. All the promotion, all the videos, any kind of promotional visual or any servicing of records it was funded by me and my company independently.” It’s not clear when, or on what terms the partnership between Gucci and Atlantic was terminated. “Not sure how the deal ended, it may have been a time thing,” says the rep.
Also, it’s worth noting that Gucci Mane’s manager, Kevin “Coach K” Lee, has also stepped away from him. They’d been working together since 2010, but it looks like the Gucci Mane has become too toxic to handle; he’s straight up bad for business.
“It looks like it just wasn’t working out with Coach—which based on the tweets and his behavior, one could see why,” the former rep told FADER.
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here