Actually it was his fingers typing out crazy tweets about sleeping with Nicki Minaj, Fantasia, Ciara, Monica and other female celebrities as opposed to his mouth.
Either way it earned him a one way ticket OFF Atlantic Records.
“He’s not with Atlantic anymore,” an anonymous former rep tells FADER exclusively over email. Atlantic has kept Gucci on a long leash since inheriting his 1017 Brick Squad imprint from Warner last year. In June, Gucci told FADER: “I’m basically an independent label with 1017 Brick Squad. I handle all my day to day business. The entire Trap House 3 album—I paid for every beat on that CD. I paid for every mix session, every mastering session. All the promotion, all the videos, any kind of promotional visual or any servicing of records it was funded by me and my company independently.” It’s not clear when, or on what terms the partnership between Gucci and Atlantic was terminated. “Not sure how the deal ended, it may have been a time thing,” says the rep.
Also, it’s worth noting that Gucci Mane’s manager, Kevin “Coach K” Lee, has also stepped away from him. They’d been working together since 2010, but it looks like the Gucci Mane has become too toxic to handle; he’s straight up bad for business.
“It looks like it just wasn’t working out with Coach—which based on the tweets and his behavior, one could see why,” the former rep told FADER.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- WATCH: Celebs Talk Summer Anthems at the 2016 BET Awards
- Opinion: Kanye West Not Worth a Billion dollars from Adidas Deal
- Future Talks Album Flop, Ciara's Lawsuit & Russell Wilson
- Woman’s Viral National Anthem Leads to National TV Singing Debut on ‘GMA’ (Watch)
- Mike Tirico Says Goodbye to ESPN after 25 Years (Watch Full Remarks)
- Vic Mensa Suggests Justin Timberlake ‘Support Black People When It’s More Difficult’ (Watch)
- Apple in Talks to Acquire Jay Z’s Streaming Service Tidal
- Ludacris Surprises Wife Eudoxie With New $160,000 Benz (Watch)
- Free Hamburgers to Anyone Who Changes Their Last Name to 'Burger'
- Kyrie Irving Calls ‘No Black Girls Allowed’ Yacht Party Backlash ‘Ridiculous’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here