The “RHOA” star says the decision to sign a prenup or financial agreement is the right move for any couple before getting married.
“You have to get a prenup, there’s nothing wrong with it—people look at it like it’s a bad thing, and it’s not a bad thing,” she told Andy Cohen on Watch What Happens Live. “It is a smart thing.”
Paula Patton, who was also on the show Tuesday, backed Leakes. “I understand,” she agreed. “You don’t know what the future will hold and I think it’s smart that you did. It keeps the man in check a little bit.”
After divorcing in 2011 following 15 years of marriage, Leakes says a prenup is a great way to protect each party in case things go sour again.
“A lot of African-American men don’t, or African-American families don’t really necessarily believe in the whole prenup thing,” she told Access Hollywood Live. “A lot of them don’t have them but I felt like I had already been down this road with Gregg before, I know how he fights in court. I would rather for us to agree on everything now before we get mad.”
If for some reason the couple decides to part for a second time, Leakes said she would only hope for the best for Gregg.
“I can’t say what’s in my prenup, but I can tell you this, even if Gregg did something bad I would never want to see him down,” said Leakes. “Even if we weren’t together.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here