The “RHOA” star says the decision to sign a prenup or financial agreement is the right move for any couple before getting married.
“You have to get a prenup, there’s nothing wrong with it—people look at it like it’s a bad thing, and it’s not a bad thing,” she told Andy Cohen on Watch What Happens Live. “It is a smart thing.”
Paula Patton, who was also on the show Tuesday, backed Leakes. “I understand,” she agreed. “You don’t know what the future will hold and I think it’s smart that you did. It keeps the man in check a little bit.”
After divorcing in 2011 following 15 years of marriage, Leakes says a prenup is a great way to protect each party in case things go sour again.
“A lot of African-American men don’t, or African-American families don’t really necessarily believe in the whole prenup thing,” she told Access Hollywood Live. “A lot of them don’t have them but I felt like I had already been down this road with Gregg before, I know how he fights in court. I would rather for us to agree on everything now before we get mad.”
If for some reason the couple decides to part for a second time, Leakes said she would only hope for the best for Gregg.
“I can’t say what’s in my prenup, but I can tell you this, even if Gregg did something bad I would never want to see him down,” said Leakes. “Even if we weren’t together.”
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Red, White, and Bruised: Decades of Mistreatment Spark Anti-Patriotic Outrage Among Black Americans
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- THE (07-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here