The “RHOA” star says the decision to sign a prenup or financial agreement is the right move for any couple before getting married.
“You have to get a prenup, there’s nothing wrong with it—people look at it like it’s a bad thing, and it’s not a bad thing,” she told Andy Cohen on Watch What Happens Live. “It is a smart thing.”
Paula Patton, who was also on the show Tuesday, backed Leakes. “I understand,” she agreed. “You don’t know what the future will hold and I think it’s smart that you did. It keeps the man in check a little bit.”
After divorcing in 2011 following 15 years of marriage, Leakes says a prenup is a great way to protect each party in case things go sour again.
“A lot of African-American men don’t, or African-American families don’t really necessarily believe in the whole prenup thing,” she told Access Hollywood Live. “A lot of them don’t have them but I felt like I had already been down this road with Gregg before, I know how he fights in court. I would rather for us to agree on everything now before we get mad.”
If for some reason the couple decides to part for a second time, Leakes said she would only hope for the best for Gregg.
“I can’t say what’s in my prenup, but I can tell you this, even if Gregg did something bad I would never want to see him down,” said Leakes. “Even if we weren’t together.”
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice-T & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here