The “RHOA” star says the decision to sign a prenup or financial agreement is the right move for any couple before getting married.
“You have to get a prenup, there’s nothing wrong with it—people look at it like it’s a bad thing, and it’s not a bad thing,” she told Andy Cohen on Watch What Happens Live. “It is a smart thing.”
Paula Patton, who was also on the show Tuesday, backed Leakes. “I understand,” she agreed. “You don’t know what the future will hold and I think it’s smart that you did. It keeps the man in check a little bit.”
After divorcing in 2011 following 15 years of marriage, Leakes says a prenup is a great way to protect each party in case things go sour again.
“A lot of African-American men don’t, or African-American families don’t really necessarily believe in the whole prenup thing,” she told Access Hollywood Live. “A lot of them don’t have them but I felt like I had already been down this road with Gregg before, I know how he fights in court. I would rather for us to agree on everything now before we get mad.”
If for some reason the couple decides to part for a second time, Leakes said she would only hope for the best for Gregg.
“I can’t say what’s in my prenup, but I can tell you this, even if Gregg did something bad I would never want to see him down,” said Leakes. “Even if we weren’t together.”
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Pitbull Announces Date of His ‘Empire’ Episode and Jussie Smollett Duet (Listen)
- Watch Chilling New Trailer for Idris Elba’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Dennis Haysbert to Voice NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ Intro
- 50 Cent On Verge of Getting Electricity Shut Off?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here