The “RHOA” star says the decision to sign a prenup or financial agreement is the right move for any couple before getting married.
“You have to get a prenup, there’s nothing wrong with it—people look at it like it’s a bad thing, and it’s not a bad thing,” she told Andy Cohen on Watch What Happens Live. “It is a smart thing.”
Paula Patton, who was also on the show Tuesday, backed Leakes. “I understand,” she agreed. “You don’t know what the future will hold and I think it’s smart that you did. It keeps the man in check a little bit.”
After divorcing in 2011 following 15 years of marriage, Leakes says a prenup is a great way to protect each party in case things go sour again.
“A lot of African-American men don’t, or African-American families don’t really necessarily believe in the whole prenup thing,” she told Access Hollywood Live. “A lot of them don’t have them but I felt like I had already been down this road with Gregg before, I know how he fights in court. I would rather for us to agree on everything now before we get mad.”
If for some reason the couple decides to part for a second time, Leakes said she would only hope for the best for Gregg.
“I can’t say what’s in my prenup, but I can tell you this, even if Gregg did something bad I would never want to see him down,” said Leakes. “Even if we weren’t together.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- LeSean McCoy: Video of Club Brawl With Off Duty Cops (Watch)
- DMX Hospitalized After Discovered Unconscious at Hotel
- Red Lobster Sales and Social Media Soar Since Beyonce’s ‘Formation’
- EUR Celebrates Black History Month - From AFRICAN SKETCHBOOK to OUR ROOTS
- What?! All Traces of Rapist-Cop Daniel Holtzclaw Gone from Database
- UCLA Gymnast Goes Viral With Dab, Nae-Nae, Quan Filled Floor Routine (Watch)
- Ben Carson’s Debate Entrance Mocked on Daytime and Late Night TV (Watch)
- Sheryl Lee Ralph's Diva Foundation & Better Brothers LA Share the Top 6 Reasons for the 2nd Annual Truth Awards
- Judge Tosses Janice Dickinson’s Amended Complaint Against Cosby
- Cam Newton Says 'Show Me a Good Loser and I’ll Show You a Loser'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here