*Robin Thicke is finally commenting on his controversial performance with Miley Cyrus at the MTV Video Music Awards, saying that they fully intended to give people something to talk about.
“We knew what we were getting ourselves into. We’re entertainers, and the VMAs is the perfect place for a little shock and awe,” he tells Star in a video interview. “Yeah, we kind of knew when we were in rehearsal. … We were like, ‘OK, if you touch me with your foam finger all over my crotch, obviously a few people are going to have something to say about this.’ But that was the whole point. I mean, the whole point was to excite and provoke and entertain.”
Cyrus previously said she was out to make history with her grinding- and twerk-filled performance. And even though she stripped down to a flesh-colored two-piece, danced around suggestively with a foam finger and repeatedly backed her thing up into Thicke’s crotch, her performance wasn’t sexual, he says.
“I thought it was silly and funny. She was being humorous and naughty. But it wasn’t sexually charged at all,” he said. “That’s who she is and that’s how she likes to dance. And she was just being herself and I was just being myself.”
But the “Blurred Lines” singer, no stranger to controversy, can understand why some people might have been offended by the performance. As for his wife, actress Paula Patton, Thicke says she loved it.
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here