*Robin Thicke is finally commenting on his controversial performance with Miley Cyrus at the MTV Video Music Awards, saying that they fully intended to give people something to talk about.
“We knew what we were getting ourselves into. We’re entertainers, and the VMAs is the perfect place for a little shock and awe,” he tells Star in a video interview. “Yeah, we kind of knew when we were in rehearsal. … We were like, ‘OK, if you touch me with your foam finger all over my crotch, obviously a few people are going to have something to say about this.’ But that was the whole point. I mean, the whole point was to excite and provoke and entertain.”
Cyrus previously said she was out to make history with her grinding- and twerk-filled performance. And even though she stripped down to a flesh-colored two-piece, danced around suggestively with a foam finger and repeatedly backed her thing up into Thicke’s crotch, her performance wasn’t sexual, he says.
“I thought it was silly and funny. She was being humorous and naughty. But it wasn’t sexually charged at all,” he said. “That’s who she is and that’s how she likes to dance. And she was just being herself and I was just being myself.”
But the “Blurred Lines” singer, no stranger to controversy, can understand why some people might have been offended by the performance. As for his wife, actress Paula Patton, Thicke says she loved it.
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Red, White, and Bruised: Decades of Mistreatment Spark Anti-Patriotic Outrage Among Black Americans
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- THE (07-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here