*Robin Thicke is finally commenting on his controversial performance with Miley Cyrus at the MTV Video Music Awards, saying that they fully intended to give people something to talk about.
“We knew what we were getting ourselves into. We’re entertainers, and the VMAs is the perfect place for a little shock and awe,” he tells Star in a video interview. “Yeah, we kind of knew when we were in rehearsal. … We were like, ‘OK, if you touch me with your foam finger all over my crotch, obviously a few people are going to have something to say about this.’ But that was the whole point. I mean, the whole point was to excite and provoke and entertain.”
Cyrus previously said she was out to make history with her grinding- and twerk-filled performance. And even though she stripped down to a flesh-colored two-piece, danced around suggestively with a foam finger and repeatedly backed her thing up into Thicke’s crotch, her performance wasn’t sexual, he says.
“I thought it was silly and funny. She was being humorous and naughty. But it wasn’t sexually charged at all,” he said. “That’s who she is and that’s how she likes to dance. And she was just being herself and I was just being myself.”
But the “Blurred Lines” singer, no stranger to controversy, can understand why some people might have been offended by the performance. As for his wife, actress Paula Patton, Thicke says she loved it.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Corey Morgan Charged in Brutal Killing of 9-Year-Old Tyshawn Lee
- Black Friday Fights 2015 - The Best Of...So Far (Watch)
- Traci Braxton on 'The Real' to Deny Beef with Tamar (WATCH)
- Romeo Miller Responds to Mother Suing Him with Emotional Letter
- Miss Robbie Talks Vegan Soul Food, Family Legacy and Being the Best [EUR Exclusive]
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- PETA Offers $5K for Info On Puppies Found in Sealed Aquarium in the Woods
- Patti LaBelle Has More for Walmart; Steph Curry Buys a Mansion
- Laquan McDonald Killing Prompts Protesters to Target Black Friday Shopping Areas
- Kim Foxx Vows Reform for Chicago After Laquan McDonald Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here