*Philadelphia 76ers forward Royce White is under investigation for domestic assault that took place in June while he was a member of the Houston Rockets, reports TMZ.
The case was originally classified as an accident, but in the past week, his now ex-girlfriend has changed her tune.
According to the report, White’s then-girlfriend Tania Mehra originally called 911 and reported the incident as an accident to protect White’s NBA career. Officers documented a cut above her eye, but she told cops that she had fallen.
The report says that Mehra is now telling police that White assaulted her after she confronted him about trying to get with one of her friends.
White, 22, was the 16th overall selection by the Houston Rockets in the 2012 NBA draft. Earlier this summer, he was traded to the 76ers along with Furkan Aldemir and is currently fighting a much-publicized battle with anxiety, having been at odds with the Rockets over setting a protocol over mental health issues. [Below, two clips from HBO’s “Real Sports” piece in January 2013, featuring White discussing his mental health concerns.]
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Man Calls 911 Because Girlfriend Won’t Have Sex With Him
- Harvard’s World Champion Debate Team Loses to New York Inmates
- Lionel Richie Trying to Get Oscar Attention for 'Tuskegee Airmen' Doc (Trailer)
- 50 Cent Files $75M Lawsuit Against Law Firm for Poor Representation
- Valentino’s African-Inspired Runway Show Has No African Models; Twitter Gives Side-Eye
- Man Fired After Online Racist Jokes Erupt from Selfie (with 'Slave')
- Judge Won’t Dismiss Molestation Lawsuit Against Bill Cosby; Yale Won't Rescind his Honorary Degree
- Nicki Minaj Calls Out Miley Cyrus on her Cultural Appropriation Insensitivity: 'You Have Some Big Balls'
- Victor Cruz’s Fiancée Sends Group Text to All of His Mistresses: Report
- Ben Carson Judges Ore. Shooting Victims: ‘I Wouldn’t Just Stand There and Let Him Shoot Me’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here