*“The Arsenio Hall Show,” the new syndicated late-night talk show with host Arsenio Hall, was the No. 1 late-night talk show on broadcast TV in the key audience demographic of Adults 18-49, in its first week on air, September 9 to 13.
According to Nielson Station Indes (NSI), the CBS produced/distributed show also landed in a No. 1 finish along with “The Tonight Show” among adults 25-54.
Here are the full ratings:
ARSENIO scored the strongest first week of any new syndicated talk show in seven years among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54 (matching “Rachael Ray’s” debut week of 9/18/2006).
Among Adults 18-49, ARSENIO grew 40% from its lead-in (0.5/2) and also jumped 40% over its year-ago time period average (0.5/2) to a 0.7/3 demo rating. ARSENIO ranked #1 among all late-night talkers in the Adults 18 to 49 demo, tying “The Tonight Show” (0.7/4).
Among Adults 25-54 in its first week, ARSENIO was up 29% from its lead-in (0.7/2) and up 50% from its year-ago time periods (0.6/2) to a 0.9/3 demo rating. ARSENIO (0.9/3) beat every late-night talk show except “The Tonight Show” (1.0/5) in the Adults 25-54 demo.
The Week One household rating for ARSENIO in Nielsen’s 56 metered markets averaged a 1.5/3, which was up 50% from its year-ago time periods (1.0/2). Market highlights include:
· In New York, ARSENIO took its time period on Tribune’s WPIX up 86% over last year to a 1.3/3.
· In Los Angeles, ARSENIO surged 138% over last year’s time period average to a 1.9/6 on Tribune’s KTLA.
· In Chicago, ARSENIO grew 56% from last year to a 2.5/5 on Tribune’s WGN.
THE ARSENIO HALL SHOW airs in syndication. It is anchored by the 17 stations in the Tribune Broadcasting station group, which is also a partner in the show. Check local listings for stations and time slots.
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- First Look: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Julia Roberts in ‘Secret in Their Eyes’ (Trailer)
- Halle Berry on Leaving Modeling for Acting: ‘It Took Me Years to Build Respect’
- Victoria Rowell Wants Back on ‘The Young and the Restless’?
- Are We Bananas or is This Dude One Handsome Gorilla?
- Essence Expands Digital Programming with 'Live from the Essence Festival'
- Cops Called to Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Over Family Fights
- Mexico Won’t Send Contestant to Miss Universe Due to Donald Trump
- Misty Copeland Named 1st Black Female Principal Dancer at American Ballet Theatre
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here